3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2015 5:35 PM by brightlybob RSS

Anyone else highly disappointed with the cash+points redemption

kim_maryland Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We have been platinum for several years.  I am trying to redeem points, and am only receiving spend 180,000 points + up to 250 euros per night to redeem for a king size bed room.

I have not faced this before.  We were always welcome to redeem at a great hotel for 180,000.
pts for a five night stay.

When did this change occur.  Am I the only one unhappy with the change?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Anyone else highly disappointed with the cash+points redemption
    Jsucool76 Gold

That's a hotel specific change. Sounds like the room they are offering you is a "points and cash UPGRADE" room. This means they may not have any standard rooms left, or they've decided their standard room is an upgrade. lol.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Iloverewards Platinum

I have never joined a online or live post before today!  I am so disappointed that I called customer care and for the first time did not like my outcome!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

SSorry. But I think you've misunderstood what's going on here.

ALl Marriott hotels have to offer a proportion of their standard rooms for redemption, every day of the year. These are redeemable for the points accoring to their category without any addition. Additionally the hotel is entitled to offer better rooms for redemption via either extra points or cash and points. His is perfectly normal and a good hotel to see this in action is the Ritz-Carlton in Toronto which routinely offers standard rooms and a number of upgraded rooms for both extra points or cash.

Of course if the hotel has run out of standard rooms for redemption all that may be left are rooms the property has decided to offer for either extra points or extra cash. It's no diminution of the scheme, to the contrary the offers of redeemable upgrades improve the options. Of course they can be expensive! And the most common hotel that frequently offers cash and points upgrades is the Paris Champs élysées Marriott. It's a good hotel, but look at other dates, and you should be able to get a standard room redemption without paying the enormous supplement.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...