1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 20, 2015 10:25 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Redeeming points for Marrott Gift Cards

jeffs Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is it me or is anyone else bothered by the point ratio for redeeming points for Marriott Gift Cards?  We're staying at a Marriott property for 2 weeks, so I was looking to redeem some points for a Marriott Gift card to be used during my stay to help cover the cost of lunches and beverages.  The conversion rate is outrageous compared to what I get for a hotel stay.  For example a $200 gift card is 60,000 points.  Does anyone know of any promotions or ways to get a better return for my points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Redeeming points for Marrott Gift Cards
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi and Welcome to Insiders.  As you have discovered using points for Gift Cards is a terrible redemption ratio.  Can you use points to cover one or more nights of your stay?  That would definitely be a better value of your points.  If that is not an option you could look into the "Instant Redemption" option.  You maybe able to save a few points that way (e.g. 59,000 points =$200 credit).  Keep in mind that Instant Redemption is not available at some Marriott properties.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/use/instant.mi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...