5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2015 1:44 PM by CariJ RSS

Been on hold with customer service for 41 minutes

40minuteholdtime Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a Rewards member for almost 15 years. Platinum for many years, but have not had to deal with customer service very much.

I called the Platinum line earlier this week to book a rate in Cancun and was told the rate included a fourth night free and 25% off resort restaurant meals. When I read the confirmation today, the rate rules were completely different than what I was told was being booked.

I called back and was switched to customer service, where the first person who picked up basically refused to help me and all but told me he did not believe that the person who booked me would have mislead me on the rate. He said he would have to speak to the hotel, but my issue is that Marriott booked the rate, not the resort, the resort is in no position to want to help me. I have asked to speak to a supervisor or manager and have now been on hold for 25 minutes.

I feel like I have been mislead and mistreated. I have now been on the phone for 50 minutes. If Marriott will stand by their employees

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Been on hold with customer service for 41 minutes
    Jsucool76 Gold

Sorry to hear that!

Your post seems to have gotten pushed to the bottom since the day you posted. .  Did you get this worked out? CariJ can probably help you. Plus we need to give her a lot of work before she goes off to Japan.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

40minuteholdtime Platinum

We are still about $350 apart from the first quote and are now waiting on the resort, which I don't understand because it was not their fault. Meanwhile, we are into day 4 with no conclusion and we are forced to look at other options, more because of the lack of response and treatment than the actually dollars.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

So sorry to hear about your experience, 40minuteholdtime. I understand your frustration and would like to help. Shoot me a direct message with your Rewards number and contact info, and I can have a member of our team contact you directly for support.

Haha thanks for the mention, Jsucool76!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...