6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2015 2:11 PM by maal99 RSS

I'm looking for properties that allow you to redeem points for multi-room suite stays.

maal99 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone recently (or ever) been able to redeem for multi-room suites?  I'm not referring to the one-bedroom suites but at least two rooms with standalone beds.  If you've been able to do this internationally, I'm even more interested.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I'm looking for properties that allow you to redeem points for multi-room suite stays.
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Typically multi-bedroom suites are not offered for points (in my experience).  However, for hotels that have multi-room suites you may be able to negotiate by phone for one of them for a few more points than the single bedroom rate.  I have done so in the past.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I'm looking for properties that allow you to redeem points for multi-room suite stays.
    doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

I Had to phone the property direct as it would only let me reserve the basis studio suite at a ri they comped me up to a 2 bedroom for the same amount of points

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I am constantly surprised by other MRI postings that say they have been able to call the hotel directly, the PP desk, or whatever to get upgraded when using points. In my 22+ years of MR of which the last 10 were at PP level, I failed EVERY TIME to get upgraded when paying with points - even though going online to Marriott Reservations for the time of my stay would have a suite or another upgrade available for cash purchase. My luck was so bad that I converted points to $50 certificates to PAY for the room rather than use points to get the room directly. That was my only work-around if I wanted a real suite or nice upgrade. Unfortunately, the cash certificates have gone away (last I checked) and the gift cards have gone bananas on the number of points needed to convert to cash, the conversion work-around is no longer a valid option.

I wish you best of luck - based on my experiences, you're going to need it. See my post from Unusual email from Marriott Corporation

Now that I switched to Hilton, I can guarantee suites with points. Also since I made Diamond with Hyatt, I am gifted 4 guaranteed suite upgrades annually to be used in combination with points or cash.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I've had hit or miss luck with it but when there was success it was by calling the PP desk and asking them to call the hotel directly.  I've spent gobs more points in this process than a room, sometimes more than double BUT it has worked.  I think the trick for me was to ask them not if one was available but if they could arrange one even for elevated points.  I think in the one case they basically did the points to cash conversion directly instead of me having to get $$ certs. 

Anyway, its hit or miss but going into it asking to play "lets make a deal" seems to have worked best for me.

maal99 Silver

Thanks for all the feedback.  I'm actually going to redeem points for one of the travel packages so I'll have the seven-night certificate.  I was hoping to be able to bring a few people with me since it's for an extended period.  I'll try to call and see if I can possibly pay a cash supplement with the certificate.  I'll only be Gold though, so we'll see how that goes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...