5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2015 5:19 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

Couple of Questions about Elite Status and Rollover

chaznotbono Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Greetings everyone!

I attempted to enter a Platinum Challenge but was rejected (just like high school ). Apparently, even though I initiated a Gold Challenge this year, after I had already achieved Gold Elite status though Ritz CC membership (dumb me), it still counts as my one challenge until June 2016 .

Anyways, I'm going to be staying quite a bit in the next couple weeks/months but I'm not so sure If I should stay at Marriott...and this is why.

I currently have 32 nights, and although I'll probably easily hit 50 nights, I'm not so sure if I'll hit the 75 nights for Platinum Elite.  So, here's my question: If I don't achieve the 50 nights this year, will those extra nights (above Silver) rollover towards Gold next year; or, because I have Gold Elite status through my Ritz CC, will I have no rollover because I'm Gold Elite without achieving the 50 nights?

Hope this made sense, I think I confused myself.

Appreciate any help or clarification. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Couple of Questions about Elite Status and Rollover
    Jsucool76 Gold

From what I understand, the ritz card prevents any nights from rolling over. A flaw of the system, that really should be addressed.

Edit: Going to clarify this....Any nights under 50 will not rollover. If you stay 60 nights...10 nights will rollover. if you stay 70, 20 nights will rollover.

You need to get at least 51 nights in order to obtain rollover nights when you have the ritz card.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chaznotbono Gold

Thanks Jsucool76,

Just to double-tap, If I stay 50 nights then in January I'm back to 0, if I stay 60 nights this year I'll have 10 in January...provided I didn't rollover any this year?

Jsucool76 Gold

Yes.

chaznotbono Gold

Thank You Jsucool76!

An additional question for you, if I may?

What happens if I cancel my Ritz card at the end of the year?  I've spent $10,000 to retain Gold, but if I'm not a cardholder then I lose Gold Elite status, correct? After reading the "What Credit Cards..." post I'm trying to rationalize which cards to keep.

Thanks again.

Jsucool76 Gold

I've heard mixed things.

Some say the status goes away within a month, others say you keep it. Best bet would be to call JPM Priority Services.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...