4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2015 2:41 PM by muppetwrangler RSS

Breakfast included with government rate at courtyard

nlpd Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to know when booking online if the the rate includes breakfast with the government rate at courtyard?   It's been very inconsistent and quite frustrating.  I'm better off staying elsewhere if the breakfast isn't included. Any help would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Breakfast included with government rate at courtyard
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

If there is a FS Marriott near you may consider than since you'll get breakfast in the CL or if no CL a certificate for breakfast.  When I was a gov't employee I do not recall CY providing a breakfast, but even my co-workers when staying at a FS Marriott would have breakfast included.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I use the government rate most of the time. With only a few exceptions, breakfast is almost never included at CY. I do have a booking at the CY in Killeen, TX that specifically states that breakfast for 1 guest is included. Several years ago it seemed more common, but now that CY has shifted to the Bistro format at most properties, having breakfast included has become a rarity. I was actually surprised to see it at Killeen when I made my reservation.

IAHFLYR is right. Find a full service Marriott if you can. Barring that, SHS, FFI, TPS, and ResInn all have breakfast for everyone.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I avoid Courtyards unless there's no other Marriott available.  Recently, I was at a conference and booked a special offer weekend rate that included continental breakfast for 2 adults.  You know what that breakfast was?  One beverage item and one cold food item from the Bistro.  Never, ever again. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...