3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2015 3:00 PM by iahflyr RSS

Take advantage of my elite status + my hubby's gov't rate?

ssm1984 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Asked on flyertalk and realized this might be a better place to ask   Is there any possibility for my husband and I to get his gov't rate but apply my status for upgrades and earning points/stay?  We'll both be there and can present our ID's, but he gets a better rate than if I were to book standard rate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Take advantage of my elite status + my hubby's gov't rate?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I believe in order for the government rate to apply the reservation must be made in the name of the person who qualifies for the government rate, so in this case your husband.  That being said your status won't show up, but you might be able to flash your MR Gold card upon check-in and get into the CL or possible upgrade.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ssm1984 Silver

Thanks for your insight! I think we'll try that. Too bad this means I likely cannot bank the points for the stay =\

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

No if the room isn't in your name you cannot gain points, sorry.

Now if it was the other way around, ROCK ON!!  When I was a government employee before retirement we'd use the Gov rate all the time and since I had the ID card and MR status all was good.  There really is not other way around it other than to have him earn the points and find ways for him to get status fast like a CC possibly or finding spots to stay where they are offering bonus points as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...