8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2015 8:30 AM by paul999 RSS

Which Asian Country to visit next

danferrario Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all!

I've been traveliing in Vietnam in 2012 and I fell in love with the country. I'm thinking about a new country to visit in Asia in september for 3 weeks but I can't choose. What would you choose and why?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Which Asian Country to visit next
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

If you liked Vietnam, perhaps try Thailand?  Areas like Phuket look really nice, but beware of political instability. 

Malaysia also looks interesting, and there's a spectacular looking Marriott located in a national park (it's only a category 2)!  Indonesia looks equally impressive too. 

I'd recommend Japan because it's very different with a wide variety of experiences from enormous metropolises to pristine countryside. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

I've got a few friends that lived in Myanmar. They really enjoyed how different it was and said that in the brief time they were there you could see changes occurring where it was losing some of it's uniqueness.

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

Of course, I also lived in Chengdu, China for 2 years. The food is amazing and there are several places to see nearby. China is huge and there are tons of different places to see throught the country, so you could easily fill 3 weeks and only scratch the surface.

danferrario Member

Thanks everyone it's really not easy to choose...!I'm really curious about Myanmar, it just opened to visitors after years of international isolation. But I don't know if you're freely allowed to travel all the country?

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

That is tough, danferrario , so many cool places to explore! I'm really intrigued by Myanmar, I would love to go someday. Last I heard you still needed to book guided group trips into the country, but that could have changed.

I've never been, but I hear a lot of great things about Chang Mai, Thailand, a mountain town that's supposed to be stunning. Thailand's supposed to have great beach towns too, but they're probably pretty touristy.

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

You have to get a visa for Burma. Looking at the State Dept. website: Burma (Myanmar) it appears you can actually apply for it online and then you have to use it within three months.

It also says that you can go to the tourist areas with no problem, but special permission may be needed to go to other parts of the country. And, I do think parts are off limits altogether.

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

danferrario:

I have been to:

Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Laos, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.

East Asia: Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan

My first choice would be Japan and second choice would be Hong Kong.

paul999 Member

"I've been traveliing in Vietnam in 2012 and I fell in love with the country"

I fell in love with the Philippines, so you might try that. I love the people there, great sense of humor and very friendly. Excellent place for nature lovers also, so muh to explore.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links