3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2016 5:26 AM by stephan_paw RSS

JW Marriott Khao Lak/Thailand Locations

pdizzie77 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm hearing that the JW Marriott Khao Lak no longer offers free breakfast to Plt and Gld, is this true?  Was this downgraded at all resorts in Thailand?  Or Phuket only?

This is really changing my mind of using my Marriott rewards card and my entire marriott membership.

Thanks for any info!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phuket, Thailand
  • Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak/Thailand Locations
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey pdizzie77, I'm going to pass this on to our team to get some clarification. Stay tuned!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey pdizzie77, our team confirmed that breakfast is only offered in the U.S. and Canada.

stephan_paw Gold

Hey,

the downgrade at the JW Marriott Khao Lak is not only regarding the missing free breakfast. In the past they provide free cocktail during the happy hour for Gold and Platinum Member. All together it's look like that the Elite Member has to pay the price for the takeover of Starwood. I'm very unhappy with this negative development within Marriott.

This is my third stay in that hotel but perhaps this will be my last. Due to this fact I'll not pay the very high price in combination with this strong reduced Elite Service. I have now booked my next stay in Khao Lak Thailand in April 2017 in a non Marriott hotel. If more Member doing that, maybe Marriott will change this wrong way of treating loyal member.

Disappointed regards

Stephan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...