2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2015 2:03 PM by laurac RSS

Cleveland Marriott at Key Center above and beyond

billahue Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Yesterday I took my daughter and granddaughter to a baseball game in Cleveland OH.  We stayed at Marriott Key Center in downtown Cleveland.

Before the game my daughter was not feeling well, so she did not attend the game,  When returned from the game she was much worse.

We ended up going to the ER.  The security guard on duty (I'm sorry with all the confusion I did not get his name) went way over and above.

I went to the lobby to call 911 as not to upset my granddaughter, he took control of the situation, helped to keep us calm, assisting with getting the firefighters and paramedics to our room, getting my car so I could follow the ambulance.  He as cool, kind, confident he made a scary situation less scary.

When we returned to the hotel at 4:00 am it was wonderful to see him.  He and the other staff were awesome, I don't think I would have handled it so well without his kindness and professionalism.

I like staying at Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key because of the location, the awesome rooms, food etc.  Now I have a bigger love for this hotel.

Thank you to everyone there, but especially the security guard that went above and beyond

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cleveland Marriott at Key Center above and beyond
    joshm Member

billahue,

This is an absolutely wonderful story to read, and you've done a great thing to share it with the Insiders community. On that note, welcome!

The Insiders site is a place to share. From travel experiences to location specific insights and recommendations, and even stories like yours, this forum is a great community of savvy travelers that are constantly sharing information.

Such a great story. We look forward to hearing more from you in the forum!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cleveland Marriott at Key Center above and beyond
    laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, billahue, thank you for sharing your story. On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We will try to find the name of this security guard and will enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...