18 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2015 5:59 PM by CariJ RSS

Marriott Hotels with Rooftop Access

gopadres Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What are your favorite Marriott properties with rooftop/sky lounge access?

I'm definitely a fan of the of the Altitude Bar on top of the Marriott Gaslamp in downtown San Diego.

Any other must visit properties with rooftop access?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Diego, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
Budapest, Hungary Marriott Hotels & Resorts Budapest Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Marriott Hotels with Rooftop Access
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The rooftop bar and pool is fabulous at The Renaissance Barcelona Fira.

In fact it's one of my favourite hotels in the world! They very actively upgrade elites, and all rooms booked by the elite get the excellent free buffet breakfast. Alas, it's position is not central, but Barcelona is a cheap place to get to by Easyjet! Ryanair and Jet2 that it's easy to visit more often and do a little bit each time.

FInally, rates are very good here, frequently below €100/nt.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

Sounds great. I went to Barcelona without my family and stayed at an AC Hotel near a train station. It was easy to get around, but very bare bones. My wife still wants to go there since she hasn't been and I'd love to go back. Sounds like a good idea for a getaway from long Latvian winters.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Budapest Marriott Concierge Lounge - one of my favorite concierge lounges anywhere!!!

Location Brand Hotel
    Budapest, Hungary Marriott Hotels & Resorts Budapest Marriott Hotel
    30marine Gold 1 Reviews

gopadres:

Here are two more locations:

Location                                  Brand              Hotel                                                   Bar

New York, New York, USA           Marriott                New York Marriott Marquis                         The View Lounge

Sukhumvit,Thailand                         Marriott               Bangkok Marriott Hotel                                Octave RooftopLounge

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I'll second The View Lounge, 30marine, doesn't get any better than that, and I don't like heights.

gopadres Platinum

These are all great suggestions everyone.  So many places to add to my list now. 

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

p.s. this is slightly off topic, but - conceptually - related, and it might offer some additional ideas: Favorite Marriott Views????

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

IMAG5101.jpg

IMAG5097.jpg

IMAG5100.jpg

The above photos are of the CY Boulogne rooftop lounge in the daytime.  You can see La Defense in the distance.  You can also see the Eiffel Tower from this rooftop, but for some reason I don't have a shot.  NathalieF, I can still only post one photo per reply and any photos that I upload will hose any previously typed text or previous uploaded photo.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for the details, pluto. I'm sending all the info I get to the IT team in hopes they can figure out the issue and fix ASAP.

IMAG0180.jpg

Rooftop Terrace at Grand Flora, Rome

IMAG0178.jpg

View of the Vatican from the Grand Flora rooftop terrace.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Pluto also have been to this hotel but one of the best was the one in Athens which of course is no longer a marroitt

Jsucool76 Gold

castle hotel in Orlando has a rooftop area. nothing special, but offers a good view of Disney fireworks.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The Memphis Downtown RI has a wonderful rooftop area to lounge.  You can see most of the wonderful Memphis sights from this fine hotel

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...