10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2015 8:05 PM by kinwi RSS

1 Paid Night = 1 Elite Night Credit?

kinwi Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I'm a Gold Elite that traveled for several weeks in 2013 and a few weeks again in 2014.  For awhile I wasn't traveling, but now I'm traveling again as well as getting married and having an event at a Courtyard.

Last week I phoned the rewards department to get all of the details on the program and how I can benefit the most from it this year and maintain my status or go to Platinum for a longer international vacation in 2016 and the woman on the phone gave me the following details about the program. Can anyone confirm that the information she provided me is accurate?

To achieve Status

• Need 50 by December 31st 2015 - Gold
  • Need 75 by December 31st 2015 - Platinum, then we’d have platinum through EOY 2016
  • If we meet the requirements, we’d have it for remainder of current year and all of next year for both Platinum and Gold
  • For every 1 paid night, you get 1 Elite Night Credit towards status (BOGO)

Property Specific

• Fairfield
    • 10 points per dollar + 25% point bonus
    • 2 free nights as a credit for staying at Fairfield

• Qualifying Event (Courtyard):
    • Wedding will qualify as an event - will need at least 10 rooms Master Billed (we don’t necessarily have to pay for them)
    • 3 points per dollar for events, max 10 nights accumulation for event
    • For our own personal room, may not want to book that the night before/after so we get 10 points + 25% bonus per dollar instead of only the 3

Redemption Example:

• Stay 4 nights get the 5th free
    • If we’re staying at a Category 5 hotel it would be 100,000 points for 5 nights
    • As long as there is activity (qualifying stays) the points don’t expire

Upcoming personal events

• Max 10 event nights from Wedding
  • Business Travel: Every paid night you get 1 night credit (buy 1 get 1)
    • Ex:
      • if you stay 5 nights at a Courtyard then you get 5 Elite nights credit
      • If you stay 5 nights at a Residence inn, then you get 5 Elite nights credit
      • Example: For my 6/9 - 6/11 stay at Fairfield, I have 3 paid nights and 3 Elite Nights Credit for a total of 6 nights towards maintaining status
  • A qualifying night - booked through Marriott directly, if you book through a third party it’s not qualifying
  • Qualifying stay - any length of consecutive nights (3 consecutive nights = 1 stay)

I haven't found ANYTHING about the free elite nights credit per paid night - I'm worried that the MR Rep wasn't providing me the correct information, but I know that's what she said because I have it all over my notes. Does anyone know - is this the truth? I know that this would mean that I would only need 1/2 the number of nights to achieve status since it's essentially "BOGO."

Additionally, it was also a little disappointing to hear that we're going to have about 50 room nights or more booked for our wedding and we'll only get credit for 10! That seems not worth it.

We love Marriotts and I'm going to be pretty upset if the information I was given isn't correct since we're really trying to max these rewards, but from what I've read, it seems Marriott has been hit or miss lately?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 1 Paid Night = 1 Elite Night Credit?
    shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

I believe you may have misunderstood the rep when they said one paid night = credit towards one elite night.   That does not mean BOGO but rather only paid nights stayed by you count towards status.  If you pay for 2 rooms for one night, only one room for that night counts toward elite status (even though you paid for multiple rooms you only get credit for one per night).  As a current Platinum member each night I pay/stay counts as 1 elite night towards my status determination for next year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kinwi Gold

Well, I'll preface this with I don't think I misunderstood the rep. If there is any true misunderstanding, the rep incorrectly explained the program...The examples in my notes are examples that the rep volunteered to me because I continued to ask questions about this and then she's the one who brought up my 6/9 - 6/11 stay at Fairfield as an example, so it certainly seemed like a BOGO situation?

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey kinwi, I would be happy to pass your information on to our team to look into for clarification. Just shoot me a DM with your Rewards number.

kinwi Gold

Thanks, Cari. I was able to speak with MR and the person clarified for me that the first representative I spoke to provided me with erroneous information. I do have questions about stays, but thats' a different thread, I think.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

My responses, as I understand them, below:

Achieving status - correct, you get one night's credit for every night's paid stay (you don't get a free night for every night's paid stay, just a night's credit toward your silver, gold, platinum status).

If you get the Marriott Visa, you also get credit for 1 night's stay for every $3,000 you spend on the card.  Also with the card, you get 15 night's credit on your anniversary date, which immediately gets you to Silver.  And you also get a certificate for a free night's stay, every year.

You can call the Elite customer service desk and let them know your birthday, so you will receive one night's credit as a birthday bonus.

I am not familiar with any special deals at Fairfield.  As a Gold member, you should get 25% bonus on all points (money spent at the Marriott where you stay), regardless of what brand.  The 2 for 1 on the night's stay is news to me.  Maybe it was a special promo of which I was not aware.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

I just called the elite customer service desk to let them know my birthday, so I could receive one night's credit as a birthday bonus and the rep told me to go to marriott.com and click on a link which I could not find. CariJ maybe you can assist me with this request. Thanks a million!

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

LuckyCharm$,

It might be as simple as signing on to your account on Marriott.com, then click account overview, then profile, and add your birthday in the field provided.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

I just checked and the rep I spoke with today must have entered it because I now see it listed. Thanks a million

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Sure thing, LuckyCharm$! Just shoot me a DM with your Rewards number and I'll have our team see what they can do.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

Thanks I just sent it! Have a great day!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...