8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2015 10:04 AM by clebert RSS

orlando world center marriott

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

i have 2 spare days to fill in orlando and am thinking about staying at the world center marriott any special benefits for platinum members is there a concierge lounge and do i get breakfast here ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: orlando world center marriott
    Jsucool76 Gold

it's a resort. no breakfast, no lounge, no real benefits. free WiFi but they charge a resort fee, so it's not free. also parking costs $

I'd recommend one of the Kessler properties if you're not tied to Disney. the castle (free breakfast), the Grand bohemian (concierge lounge), or the bohemian hotel celebration (breakfast) .

lounge @ grand bohemian is closed on weekends though, heads up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Tardawg Platinum 1 Reviews

I absolutely love this property.  I have been there on vacation to catch the Braves during Spring training and multiple conferences. What a pool!!!  Many dining and bar options too.   

christianas Platinum 2 Reviews

It is a nice property, but not amazing.  Since it is a resort, you get almost no Platinum benefits.  Meaning you might get an upgrade, maybe, probably will get a good view room in the main tower, but that's it.  They charge a resort fee, as do almost all resorts in Florida, and parking is not free.  It's also a LONG walk from the parking garage to the rooms, especially if you're not in the main tower, so valet if that's important to you.

The building is somewhat dated, however the staff was always friendly.  The property is massive, so get your bearings before wandering around.  I actually got lost twice.  The pool is fantastic, but gets very, very crowded.

It's not near anything, like at all, so definitely have a car and be prepared for that.  No restaurants or convenience stores right nearby either.

Overall, I stayed for a week there, and would not stay again, but the "resort" experience is not that important to me.  I'd rather be near the action and have perks than be at the massive resort.

wackman Platinum

Have you considered the Marriott Vacation Club, Sabal Palms located on the same property?  I stayed there with my family this past September and it was excellent.  As a previous review noted, there is not much in the area but this very small VC only has a 50 villas or and is tucked away behind the World Center Marriott surrounded by a golf course.  We stayed there and went back and forth to Disney.  One of the key perks is that you have access to the World Center pools.  Something to consider if you want more space.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I second Wackman with the recommendation to try Sabal Palms.  Royal Palms are also good but further from the World Center main building.  Both have 2BR.  Imperial Palms has 3BR.  I stay at one of these every year for a conference at the World Center and really prefer them to the actual hotel.  Sometimes they cost less than the hotel rooms even though they are 5 times bigger with washer, dryer, full kitchen, etc.  There are shuttles back and forth if you need them, and you get access to separate fitness facilities that are less crowded than the hotel's.  Plus parking is free.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

we ended up staying at the j w grand lakes and had a blast great hotel with top class activities

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Hard to beat a JW unless you are at a RC.  I am a big JW fan!  Glad you enjoyed it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...