46 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2016 11:51 AM by iahflyr RSS

MISS INSIDER HOTEL REVIEWING

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

AM I IN THE MINORITY WHEN STATING THAT I MISS INSIDER HOTEL REVIEWS?

No one is a better judge of properties than frequent travelers.  We see things others don't.  Now we are subjected to reviews that are usually by families taking their one trip a year or occasional business travelers.

QUESTION:  SHOULD THE INSIDER HOTEL REVIEWS BE RE-INSTATED?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MISS INSIDER HOTEL REVIEWING
    taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Absolutely agree with you ! I miss it too. Having the ability to read frequent Marriott customers reviews was a great benefit of this site. It is a real shame that it is no longer available. Yes, I do use Tripadvisor but it is just not the same as hearing from frequent Marriott members and provide great information on their stays. I wish it would come back!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

Suggest that we enlist as many Plat members as we can to sign petition to BRING BACK INSIDER REVIEWS.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Many of us here miss the reviews and many of us have suggested to our Mods to bring them back just not allowing them to take over the "big board" so to speak as they used to do previously.

I know I'd much rather read a review from an Insider than go over to TA and read them.  BRING THEM BACK

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Yes, misterchk, yes... but

• I think the ship has sailed, this is water over the dam (or under the bridge), the window of opportunity has closed, the battle is lost, the horse has already left the barn, Elvis is no longer in the building, we're not putting the genie back in the bottle, etc.
    • I feel badly heckling NathalieF and other Insiders on this - I think they've heard us, but, the ship has sailed....

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I'm with you misterchk.  I don't understand why they went away.  The first place I would check when considering staying at a new property (for me) was the reviews on this board.  IMO, we lost a valuable resource when reviews left here.  Thank you for raising the issue and hopefully the decision can be reversed.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Totally agree they should bring it back

Platinum 28 Reviews

COLLATERAL DAMAGE:

With insider reviews we made Margaret (the hostess of the CL at the New York Marriott East Side) a star!!!! 

What can we do now to show our appreciation of outstanding service to the vast number of us "road warriors"?

Jsucool76 Gold

We can send them notes written with letters cut out from magazines.....That always gets people's attention...

seattlebb Platinum

I miss the hotel reviews and would like to see them reinstated.

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

Thank you.

Platinum 28 Reviews

WHERE THERE IS  A WILL THERE'S A WAY DEPT:

Is there any rule against us creating discussions and/or blogs with subjects like:  "UNUSUAL EXPERIENCE AT THE YUMA MARRIOTT that the community should be aware of"  etc etc 

If we create an ample amount of these "comments" it might motivate those PTB (getting tired of typing out Powers that be) to re-instate or create an area especially for these comments.

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

Wonderful Sir, but as I posted on another thread; the discerning loyalists, the frequent travelers, the road warriors of this world are NOT "the reviewers" some of these properties want receiving the opportunity to review and share experiences. Loyalist Folks, go to some of these "new" verified reviews and make note of where a property receives marks. What are the views of the PP(Es)/Lifers, the P(Es), and the Gold (Elites)?

Unlike some here I have received multiple opportunities to review. In my reviews I strive to be honest and fair; if not I would be running Marriott in the ground on one of the public travel sites. I like Marriott, but perhaps Marriott may need to figure out going forward is it going to go the way of the Holiday Inns, Motel 6s, etc of the world or will it remain the at the  top of the heap consistent product that we all count on and became loyal to.

I could give a care less about some of the things that send folk spinning, but Marriott have standards and require that there is not too much deviation from your standards. For those persons and properties that forget that they are Marriott branded, cut em loose to go be whatever.

Platinum 28 Reviews

I believe our difference of opinion is based on what we expect as frequent guests rather than if the property is up to "par" in relation to Marriott Standards.

Let me use the following as an example:

I read on Trip Adviser a review of the Marriott Marquis Time Square - the woman writing the review was posting what a money savings idea it was to pay extra for the CLevel.  She couldn't believe how much money they saved feeding their three children twice a day!

I reviewed the property in negative way due to the lack of policing the CL that allowed families with multiple children running around the CL, butting in line to get food and creating a circus atmosphere that was not conducive to making a business traveler more comfortable and productive. My review suggested that a biz traveler should avoid the hotel.

My review would never be found on TA.  AND if it was would be ignored.

That basically would be a clear example of the difference of reviewing sites and their attributes to the proper audience.

We are both correct - it is simply a matter of what info are we looking for.

That is exactly what I will be doing, creating my own threads on here for a review and one will be coming soon to an Insider page near you.

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

misterchk:

Yes, the Insider Hotel Reviews should be re-instated. A review may be the difference when booking your trip.

Incredible, I just got a hotel review survey from a stay last weekend!!  YIPPIE Except that it has yet to make the hotel site.

But I did see the wedding party and they were all that is mentioned below.  Ahhhh so cute.

Residence Inn Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center Reviews | Fort Myers Hotel Reviews

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

just back from a family trip to newcastle  marriott in the uk lots of faults i would love to review hopefully marriott send me the guest survey but not holding my breath as some issues were raised at the front desk

Platinum 28 Reviews

doddsy69

Why not give a mini review here that will help fellow members?   Or, set up you own Hall of Fame/Shame!

Make your review doddsy69 a separate thread so it hits the "big board" under it's own title.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Good Advice (as always I-H) - if everyone set up their own list maybe Mr. JW will get the message!

Jsucool76 Gold

Maybe....key word there

We should picket...

"What do we want?"

"Reviews!"

"When do we want them?"

"Always!"

Platinum 28 Reviews

BY THE AUTHORITY VESTED IN ME BY THE STATE OF (TO BE DETERMINED) I HEREBY APPOINT YOU HEAD OF THE CHEER LEADING SQUAD FOR HOTEL REVIEWS.

(If you get down on your knees I will be able to tap you on your shoulders with the new 47 sided box of soap)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Amen!  Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen!

Platinum 28 Reviews

HALL OF SHAME CANDIDATE -

It's not a hotel

It's not a city

IT IS THE MOST RIDICULOUSLY SHAPED SOAP BAR FOUND IN A HOTEL THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.

How many of us drop that triangular shaped bar when trying to shower - what genius designed it and what SUPER SALESMAN sold the idea to Marriott????????????

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Ah, misterchk, you had to go there...

Maybe we need to re-open this poll?  https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1281

Maybe not...

Don't miss this - http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/104398 - I love the "shiv" riff!

Platinum 28 Reviews

My dear ssindc.

When you are bored you do strange things - It is 2:43 AM in the beautiful City of The Angels and I have a 5:46AM departure to Chicago - I have decided to leave the house at 3:15 which will allow me the time necessary for off airport parking and shuttling in the departure area.

Now, I ask you, with that type of time on your hands wouldn't you talk about soap shapes?????

WOW, misterchk has been on a two day bender it would appear.....LOL.  I love the energy found in each of his posts, now my only concern is his pending ORD trip as they had quite a bit of rain as well as cancelled flights yesterday afternoon/evening.  Ahhhh, but he is probably flying UA and if they can't make the flight to ORD they'll drop the passengers off in Calgary this time.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I noticed the articles here indicating this was happening and saved my reviews from the cull. Alas my 10 contributions don't amount to much next to the very large number of useful reviews that were here, which I much preferred to Tripadvisor as the reviewers here in the main understand Marriott standards and review the hotels in the light of biz needs.

Absolutely!!!!!!  Insider Reviews were far more helpful than other sources since they were coming from a variety of regular Marriott guests.  I miss them and while Trip Adviser reviews can be helpful, they are coming from people who are not as in tune with me as regular Marriott guests.

From Marriott's perspective, they should consider that when I go on a different site looking at reviews, there is a significant possibility that I may come across something that will sway me to the competition and that Marriott will lose my stay, entirely . 

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts around the hotel reviews! I'm passing all of this on so that the rest of the team knows!

Hey lindseyh

In the more than four months since you mentioned that you'd mentioned that " I'm passing all of this on so that the rest of the team knows" what is the verdict?  As you can see it has been brought up over and over again and on other threads as well?

What helps you determine helpful information on Insiders?

Mentioned on both Page 1 and 2 of the above thread.

702rugbyref Platinum

reinstate.

Platinum 28 Reviews

IS IT TIME TO RE-ADDRESS THIS ISSUE?  AN ISSUE THAT IS MENTIONED EVERYDAY SOMEWHERE IN THIS FORUM.

THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATIVE AND PRODUCTIVE SOURCE OF INFORMATION AND ADVICE TO OTHER MEMBERS WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM US MANY MONTHS AGO.

WE MUST LET MARRIOTT KNOW WE WANT IT BACK!!!!

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree.  I really miss the hotel reviews here in Insiders. I trusted these more so than reviews on TripAdvisor and the hotel websites.

crnkotm Platinum 6 Reviews

Agreed misterchk I base my vacations off of what other say. Not to mention I always like to acknowledge a job well done.

Platinum 28 Reviews

crnkotm

Would appreciate it if you would add your name to the petition I just posted

Thanks in advance.

With about a dozen and a half reviewers expressed the desire to bring back reviews.  No opposition!

Is Marriott listening?

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews

Oh...no wonder I could not find it!....was just scouring the site for that heading...had something to share!...and do enjoy reading them!

Start a discussion and share what you have.  Many of us have done that putting something eye catching like "Review of XXXX".

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...