16 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2015 2:28 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

A PLATINUM PREMEIRE LOST IN MARRIOTT'S BUREAUCRACY

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Our friends that program the computers at Marriott Rewards are "right on when with  events".

June 7th being my birthday I received an email from Marriott with a gift.  Said gift was a credit of one elite night to help me without even getting out of bed to move on to the next level.

That's a pretty good gift to most - but I'm in a different situation.  The Marriott "machine" would have made me very happy by simply "wishing me  a happy birthday"!!!!  But NO they had to award me a meaningless "credit of one night toward my next level".

HERE LIES THE PROBLEM - if they do not create a higher lever I have NO PLACE TO GO!!!  I am currently (and hopefully forever) a Lifetime Platinim Elite!!  In addition to that  "lable" PLATINUM PREMIER was added a few montha ago.

Consequently a simple card would have sufficed.  If a gift was necessary a certificate to a stay someplace would have been appreciated and a nice jester.

I will continue being a loyal Marriott guest as the points ad up very fast for me and they are somewhat flexible.  BUT YOU GUYS AT MARRIOTT, YOU HAVE A MEMBER HERE THE IS A LIFETIME PLATIUMUM, CHOSE HIM TO BE PLAT PREMIER - A MEMBER THAT IN THE LAST 7 DAYS WAS "PAYING OVERNIGHT IN MARRIOTT BREANDED PROPERTIES.

AND ALL YOU AWARDED ON MY BIRDAY WAS A "CREDIT".

BOTTOM LINE - THE EMAIL THAT MARRIOTT SENT, AND ASSUMED TO BE APPRECIATED TURNED OUT IN ACTUALITY TO BE A VERY LARGE INSULT TO ME PERSONALLY AND TO ADVISE OTHER MEMBERS OF THEIR INSENSITIVITY,

Anyone else in this situation I would love to hear commnets.

Chuck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: A PLATINUM PREMEIRE LOST IN MARRIOTT'S BUREAUCRACY
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

This is right up there with companies that give their employees baseball hats or T-shirts when a safety milestone is hit, whether or not the employee actually wears hats or T-shirts.  A meaningless act intended to display "care."  If they really cared they'd allow employees (or customers, in your case) to select what gift is appropriate.  But that requires thought, rather than some across-the-board action carried out automatically by a computer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for starting this thread, misterchk. I appreciate you and randomname both sharing your perspectives on this, and I will certainly pass this on to our team. I'm interested to hear what others have to say on this topic as well!

Platinum 28 Reviews

Forgive the "off topic comment" @lindseyh

My daughter's choices for college  (after a long list of where she was admiited) came down to Reed (don't need to tell you where this is) and a school that is referred to as the Reed of the East (believe me they refer to Reed as the Sarah Lawrence of the West).

Sorry Reed lost lout and she just completed her Freshman year at Sarah Lawrence.  After her sophomore year she expects to acquaint herself with many from Reed as they share many Junior Year abroad programs.

Being from the "Left Coast" (Los Angeles) I was hoping for Reed but seeing how happy she is in New York it was the correct decision.

You are close to the same age that's why I took this time to fill you with all this useless information - LOL

drubin333 Platinum 1 Reviews

If a person has Lifetime Platinum, give them 2,500 points instead of a 1 night credit.

rb84 Platinum

I Appreciate getting the one night credit on my birthday.

The OP is Premier Platinum which is awarded based upon nights stayed and perhaps revenue so there is a small benefit to OP.

I Suppose Marriott could consider giving us a choice of what we would like to get on our birthday? I don't see that happening by the way and I'd rather the programming dollars required go to other improvements.

The insult can be avoided by removing ones birthday from their profile.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Please don't mis-interpret my comments - I was simply pointing our that the lease the Marriott computers could do is identify those that are not in need of any elite nights! When a member attains a lifetime platinum status that last thing the member needs is another night - especially when the member not in need has about ten reservations at Marriott properties already listed during 2015!

I this day of technology it would take one line of code to identify a member not in need of a night and at least substitute it with points or another benefit.

In reference to you explanation of Platinum Premiere - there have been discussions "ad nauseum" about the requirements and/or methods that are used to choose.  Believe me, my fellow road warrior, non of what is mentioned as possible criteria to receive the Premiere designation can be proven or is consistent - I am sure this is just much fun the the powers that be at Marriott have to break up the boredom.

702rugbyref Platinum

I will take the one night credit. If you want a card, join Southwest Airlines and they will send you one. I do understand it is meaningless to some but for most within MR , it is a thank-you token of appreciation that one would never get in most loyalty programs. happy belated birthday. Phil

lifeontheroad Platinum

wouldn't  be great to be appreciated?

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

I am a lifetime Platinum, and was a PP for over 5 years, approaching 2000 nights and over 6 million points. My travel has been cut due to cancer.  Forgive me, but aren't there more important things in life than complaining about your status with a hotel brand......I mean really.

Platinum 28 Reviews

donethat

I don't think you will receive an argument that this site contains a "ton" of nonsense.

No one is as guilty as me.  I've come up with some pretty stupid questions and remarks. (like my waffle iron addiction)

That said, many of us need an arena to air frustrations.  This site was designed specifically for that purpose. It allows us to comment, complain, communicate our wishes, and in some cases get info that is not that easily obtained from any of the hotel and Marriott site's.

If any of this would show up as a "letter to the edior" at a newpaper, or other blogs dealing with societies problems I would be the first to complain ( and not on this site).  But, for the frustrations of business travel this site saves on making an appointment with a psychologist.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

The point I am trying to make is being a PP is nice. It really means is you travel a lot, missing birthdays, little league games, school plays, etc.   I have to take photos of my room to remember what room I am in....  Don't be "that guy", you know, the guy who yells at the gate agent on a Friday afternoon when weather delays a flight, like it's her fault.  For many years I was top level with Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, United, SW, and Delta, in the same year. Did it make me a better person, husband or father?  NO.  Over the years, I have learned I get a lot farther with a smile, a simple thank you, or have a nice day, than flashing my PP card, don't even think I received one.  Have a nice life.

bellabrocandme Platinum

Happy Belated Birthday!  I cannot send you a card, nor offer you a free night toward any goal, however, I will buy you a drink if you are ever on Orlando!

Book_Worm Platinum 8 Reviews

My birthday is tomorrow, and I will be staying in the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key next week. I received an email from the hotel letting me know that they plan to make my birthday a special visit. I am not sure what this means, but I am optimistic and appreciative, as Marriott has usually been more than welcoming and kind on special occasions in the past. I will report back.

(I am a plat premier and should hit lifetime plat by the end of September).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...