5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2009 8:01 PM by jhaimowi RSS

San Diego Marina Hotel

lesliepamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

For the information of all you good folk who like me have achieved gold/platinum elite, simply from staying at Marriott hotels for week-end breaks and leisure vacations. ( I have clocked 113 nights this year.) And who enjoy visiting the concierge lounge at hotels, then beware of the S.D.Marina hotel. The lounge closes on Friday morning and does not re-open until Sunday evening. Honoured guests are not allowed access-to read peaceably, watch TV, or work on their computers keeping in touch with family etc. - Such guests are not given a complimentary breakfast over the weekend - and incidentally there are no slippers and no chocolates. It's almost like this Marriott hotel does not want our custom.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: San Diego Marina Hotel
    countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Hi Leslie

Don't know where you are staying, but I too have well over 100 nights this year and stay mostly along the west coast and midwest ----- where most all full-service Marriotts (eg, MARR, RENN and JW) usually close the concierge lounge from Friday PM until Sunday PM. 

That is SOP at most Marriotts other than a few hotels that are in tourist areas --- such as Anaheim.

Happens probably because most of these cater to the business traveler --- who normally is not around on weekends.  And, folks who may be around on weekends likely do not have concierge access privileges anyway.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

It's SOP in the northeast as well.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Leslie:

It is nationwide--brand standard they've called it, and there appear to be no plans to adjust it anytime soon.  If you check rates for any seven night period you'll find that highest rates occur Sunday through Thursday night, when business is most brisk. Thus Lounge opening hours are then as well.

This is the current state of things. Sorry

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Although Marriott is pinching pennies these days along with many in the business world, the C-lounge hours, i.e., closed Friday noon thru Sunday 5pm, haven't changed for years...at least not at the many properties I've stayed at.  Sometimes a call ahead to the hotel will get these types of questions answered and reduce/eliminate unpleasant surprises upon arrival.

jhaimowi Platinum 2 Reviews

That seems to be a cost cutting thing they are doing at Marriotts these days.  I have had the same experience at the Denver Gateway Marriott and the Philadelphia Convention Center Marriott as well as a bunch of others.  It really stinks because it is clear that they are catering to people tevelling on business and don't really care if you are travelling for pleasure.  On the other hands, many Marriotts will comp you a breakfast if the lounge is closed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...