1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 8, 2015 4:15 PM by CariJ RSS

Poor customer service

hk94 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I had the misfortune of being passed back and forth between Visa and Marriott this AM when I called to inquire why I hadn't received any of my nights and points in the past 3 months. Turns out that Visa took it upon themselves to create a new Rewards account for me, and I had to work with Marriott to combine them.

The Marriott agent I spoke with was curt and surly. When I tried to explain my problem, she briskly cut me off and said "This isn't Visa. You're speaking with Marriott". Bad start. When she asked for the address on my account, I attempted to clarify if she wanted my email address or mailing address. She screamed at me "YOUR NAME!" After I gave her my name, she said, "I also asked for your address". I attempted to clarify again and got more attitude. She then said, "I can tell you are frustrated, but I'm just trying to help". I said that I didn't appreciate the way she had been speaking to me, and if she required information from me, I would like her to be very clear about what she was asking. She then hung up on me.

My problem is now resolved, because I called and immediately escalated to a supervisor. The supervisor was extremely courteous and helpful. I'm posting this here because I've seen Marriott does respond to these things. My experience today is not what I have come to expect from this brand. I was so angry after being hung up on that I was contemplating canceling my card and my upcoming Marriott reservations and switching to another chain.

In summary, Visa and Marriott need to find a way to make it easier for me to resolve issues like this. I should have never required to call in the first place, and when I did, there should be a clear resolution path for this type of issue, that can't possibly all that rare.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Poor customer service
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Sorry to hear about your experience, hk94. I would be happy to pass your feedback on to our team. Just shoot me a direct message with any additional details, like if you have the name of the customer service rep.

Additionally, if you ever need help escalating an issue - you are always welcome to reach out to myself (CariJ), lindseyh, and joshm. Because the Chase Visa offers Marriott Rewards, it can be confusing who to contact for particular issues. We can certainly help decipher which umbrella the issue follows under. While this isn't a long-term solution, I will be passing your recommendation for a clear resolution path on to our team.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...