1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 5, 2015 3:32 PM by gm1 RSS

American Express - British Airways

Jsucool76 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Heads up to anyone who takes advantage of BA Avios. Amex is reducing transfer value, 250 membership rewards points will now be required in order to get 200 british airways avios. This reduces value by 20% making each membership rewards point worth 0.8 british airways avios.

For those of you who rely on this travel currency, it might be time to switch to a chase ultimate rewards card that transfers to BA at a 1:1 ratio, or to the BA card itself.

This change will take effect on October 1, 2015. I just transferred the last 1k points out to BA now, and my PRG will be closing in september when the AF is due.

Side note for those of you with a premier rewards gold card, if you haven't already pick your airline for the new $100 airline incidental credit, and you also just started earning 2 points/dollar on restaurants.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: American Express - British Airways
    gm1 Gold 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

The Chase British Airways card recently announced a devaluation in its earning potential dropping from 1.25 points per dollar on non British Airways spending to 1.0 points per dollar spent.  I forgot the actual date that this goes into effect.  It may have already taken place. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...