10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2015 2:37 AM by jerryl RSS

residence inn no managers hour ?

momkee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently stayed at the downtown Chicago residence inn.  Although I had read about cut backs in the evening, I had no idea that there would be NOTHING.  when I asked at the front desk their response was simply we were one of the facilities that they decided to drop the evening managers hour.  Please note this was not mentioned at check in.  so has this happened to many of you?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: residence inn no managers hour ?
    Platinum 4 Reviews

Bazinga!........you just got "Marriotted". Less is the new more. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

Is this the Residence Inn that is attached to the Springhill Suites? They previously had a pretty decent manager reception and actually allowed Platinum members staying in the Springhill access to the RI reception. This is very disappointing.

momkee Platinum

Yes that is the Residence Inn I am speaking of.  I will add the remodel was fantastic!

superchief1 Platinum

Thanks for providing this update. I've been stay at the RI or Springhill every other month when I'm in the area. This change eliminates a reason to stay there so I will check out other hotels in the area. I hope Marriott realizes that these continual downgrades in benefits will erode  loyalty and their hotels will become commodities for which price will be the primary decision driver.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Great feedback, momkee. I'm going to pass this on to our team so that the property can be made aware of how customers feel about the cut backs.

rb84 Platinum

Has anyone else started to wonder when the Take-Away's end and we start getting some ADDED benefits?

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

When the economy turns down enough that they need to try to draw customers.  Right now the industry is doing very well, so they're going to maximize their profits while they can.

Jsucool76 Gold

I've never actually been in a RI for the evening reception (as I've only been on weekends) but I'd be pretty upset if they didn't offer a brand specific perk. I recently stayed in an embassy suites and the evening reception was awesome (and I assume the perk at a RI is similar, or hope it is). They had free sangria, free wine, free beer, free food. It was almost like having a concierge lounge every night for a few hours. I hope my first RI experience lives up to that expectation. haha.

Marriott needs to start taking care of consistency though. If you offer something as a perk (and I've been seeing a lot of residence inn commercials on television recently advertising the evening reception) then offer it, and demand all properties offer it if they want to be part of your brand. A brand name means nothing when there is no consistency. If one perk goes with no consequences, then others will to. It's how hotels cut costs. If there's no one there to punish them for cutting corners, then there isn't anything stopping them from doing it.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Agree whats most important is as much consisency as possible but i still view Marroitt as the best national chain

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The RI North, on Walton Ave. has a wonderful Managers Hour.  Fine location as well!

Would call them to verify what the menu will be for the evening MH!

Good luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...