18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2016 8:28 AM by donethat RSS

jw marriott grande lakes orlando

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

has anyony on here stayed at the jw grande lakes in orlando is there any benefits for platinum members ie room upgrades and breakfast this hotel seems to class its self as a resort therfore benifits are not normally offered ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: jw marriott grande lakes orlando
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Stayed there probably five years ago and got a nice room upgrade overlooking the pool.  Loved the Sushi bar in the lobby as well as the entire hotel.  Don't recall anything about breakfast as we were visiting family and ate at their place.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey doddsy69, I've reached out to our team to look into the plat benefits for you. I'll let you know what they find

momkee Platinum

Love this hotel.  Very nice accommodations.  When I asked at the front desk they did give me coupons for their buffet breakfast. The other three times I stayed there they did give the coupons.  Biggest drawback for families is the dinning is not the best family friendly.  You do get access to the Ritz facilities as well which has a very nice quite pool.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

I have stayed there on 4 occasions over the last couple of years for business. I always received an upgrade, and staff is very friendly. You are correct, no breakfast.  They have a new restaurant, Whisper Creek Kitchen which is outstanding, farm to market concept just off the lobby.  There are many activities for both adults and children.  It adjoins the Ritz Carlton, so you have a variety of foodservice options. The Ritz also has a new restaurant concept, Highball and Harvest which is also excellent. Very good property!!

Jsucool76 Gold

They will waive the parking fee for elite members, and reduce the resort fee by $5. Those are non-standard elite benefits, but make sure you ASK for them.

They offer something like waived parking or 500 points, obviously if you have a car go for the waived parking as it's far more valuable than 500 points.

homoviator Platinum

I´m about to go there in a couple of days. free parking and $5.00 off resort fees would be wonderful. Breakfast coupons and a possible upgrade.  All lovely.  However, at the end of the day, if I could just have a suite, I´d happily give up the rest of the benefits.

Whenever I check in there a smile and friendly chatter always seem to get me an upgrade.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

homoviator, how exciting! Do let us know what you think.  Don't forget to post pictures.

homoviator Platinum

parts of it have been delightful. Every single person has been awesome. Oscar, who worked in engineering was lovely. However, we had to change rooms because the electricity got really weird--we´d turn on the microwave, and the lights would go out. We ordered a new microwave the first day because it seemed not to work. Clearly, in hindsight, it was because the electricity was off.  At one point, the main lights would´t work if we used the coffeepot.  New room, but we did have to wait a bit to get somebody to the room.  However, that would´t stop me from coming back. Tons of kids´activities. nice pools, great connection with the Ritz.  Over the top attention from all of the employees.

homoviator Platinum

Also, I want to add,

I got free self-parking for being platinum and $5.00 off resort fee. I thought this was a great value. I was deciding between here and the other Orlando Marriott resort. I feel like I picked the right place for us. 

homoviator Platinum

Just wanted to add, we did get the free self-parking and $5 off without asking as Plat members. that was great. that's a savings of $25 a day that I had expected to be paying. No breakfast buffet, but I haven't asked. maybe I should for the last day.

tjd Platinum 6 Reviews

great property, very friendly staff and good food and service.    unfortunately Marriott takes the opportunity to cheap out on its preferred members by classifying some hotels as resorts and not providing amenities.   you still can get upgrades for sure and the staff is supper.   But they want their 25 bucks a day and no lounge.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey doddsy69, our team confirmed that you would get an upgrade based upon availability at the time of check-in. Breakfast is not complimentary, as this property is a resort.

Thanks for the info may still give it a try 

IN the jw now it's like heaven good choice was made

On a side note, I was at Grande Lakes 2 weeks ago, and had a tremendous stay.  Received the upgrades etc... Additionally, I dined at Highball and Harvest, on the Ritz side, and Whisper Creek Kitchen at the JW.  Both were outstanding and really no reason to leave the resort when you can dine at these restaurants.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...