2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2009 12:59 PM by james30 RSS

Visa Cards

carolynd Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I received an offer in the mail to upgrade my Marriott Visa card to a premier status.  I was aware that the annual fee would increase but I wanted to take advantage of the added benefits.  WHen I called as instructed to accept the offer, the customer service person hesitated and told me it was not available.  When I expressed surprise, he talked to a supervisor and said I was all set. 

In the mail, a week later I received a letter from Chase cards saying my request had been denied--no explanation--I carry no balance on the card.

I think it is insulting to be invited to participate in something and then be turned down.  What's up?  Does anyone else have a clue.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Visa Cards
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Who can say?. Have you checked all your credit reports lately? Is there an error on any of them that you're fixing? Do you know your FICO score?  Have you moved recently? Are you disputing any charges?

These are all factors used to give out these cards, which have become tighter over the last year.

Good luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Visa Cards
    james30 Platinum

Carolyn D -

If you were to receive an upgrade, most likely that is why it was denied.  Because of all that is going on in banking, upgrades are not very popular right now.  If that's the reason, then you should not have received an upgrade offer of course, nor should you have been told it was approved.

If it is an upgrade that you were denied, I would suggest going to the number for the premier card provided on this website and call to apply. If approved, you can cancel the Visa you have or keep both (you won't receive free nights from both).  If you did apply for a separate card and were denied, then I realize this is of no help unfortunately.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...