4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2015 2:55 PM by patrish RSS

The Shelbourne in Dublin

patrish Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'd like some Marriott Rewards Members to comment on this Marriott property. Has anyone stayed there recently and do they have a Concierge Lounge?  I don't see the Hotel Review section anymore and I'm disappointed that it seems to NOT be a part of this site. I always preferred to see what MRI's said about a property than to get the info from Tripadvisor. In particular the Heritage rooms (high ceilings) in a certain wing of the historic hotel. They are offering free breakfast ( which I get anyway being a Platinum Member) but the regular room rate with no breakfast is higher so there was no reasoning with the representative handling my reservation that was made yesterday. Also has anyone lucked into a great pub or a lunch or dinner place that was a bargain and delicious at the same time.

Thanks and I'd like any info or advice I can get. I've never been to Ireland but it's on the bucket list.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Shelbourne in Dublin
    ndn Platinum

According to another site,

* Dublin / The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel; NO LOUNGE; Breakfast for Golds/Plats daily in the Saddle Room restaurant; 2 drink coupons per stay; 05/02/14 update

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks for the quick response. If anyone else can elaborate on their stay here I'll take any pointers that I can get.

joshm Member

This is a great post to have taken the time to share with the community, patrish.

I don't doubt that, as members of the Insiders family see this post, recommendations and insights will happily be shared!

In the meantime, I've found a couple threads that may contain information you'll find useful:

Re: Dublin Shelbourne

The Shelbourne

Hopefully these shed some insight!

Thanks for posting.

Wow joshm.  Now I'm really not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about the Shelbourne. The links that you sent were like BEWARE signs however the comments were 3-5 years old. I'm hoping to have a better experience due to not using points.  I'm hoping that in the last 3 years that the customer service is more like what I'm used to.  Looks like a great location but a King's Ransom for the room price. It looks like Marriott has learned from the airlines as well. I kept changing my dates around to co inside with the better prices for nights stayed. Then the next day as I'm ready to pull the trigger on airlines I'd check again and all of a sudden the room would have gone up a few hundred Euros. Inquiries for dates must make this hotels prices jump into the stratosphere. Since I no longer can have a Review Hotel voice here you can count on me telling the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly on Tripadvisor concerning what happens during my stay here. I'm not afraid to contact a Customer Service or the hotel manager or their boss. I drop a lot of money on my travels  We'll see.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...