2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2015 6:59 AM by laurac RSS

Thank you Marriott

joanp Member
Currently Being Moderated

It's Thursday night before graduation weekend.  I see that Priceline has 2 rooms available at a fair price for the Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Poughkeepsie where I had hoped to stay on Saturday night.  I make the reservation but having already been told that the hotel was booked, I was suspicious.  Was this a real reservation? Would we arrive only to be told there was a mistake?  So I called the hotel, who said they didn't have record of the reservation and they had no rooms available.  Priceline insisted the reservation was valid, and called the hotel.  The clock is ticking, as after midnight the rate was non-refundable.  But how could we not get money back that wasn't paid. So I waited until the morning.  Laurie T., the General Manager of the hotel couldn't figure it out.  She thought that maybe the reservation was sent to another hotel, so she took it upon herself to call other hotels in the area.  She did find a reservation that had been made when I originally was told that the Marriott was full but nothing else.  Since she knew that she had no rooms, she asked the other hotel to honor the price that we had booked for at the Marriott, which was the best in the region by far.  So we stayed at the other hotel but our feeling for Marriott just ballooned with appreciation.  Who would have expected a "big box" hotel to go so far for their customer, one who they couldn't even accommodate. You have a wonderful GM at the Courtyard in Poughkeepsie.  We have stayed there before and will go back if we are in the area.  In the meantime, please give this woman the award that she deserves.

• Re: Thank you Marriott
    LuckyCharm$ Gold

Thanks for sharing, it good to hear about the good experiences and not just the bad.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Thank you Marriott
    laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, joanp, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...