7 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2015 1:20 AM by john_thai RSS

Marriott has the best WiFi

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

http://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea.com/2015/05/28/hilton-brands-suck-for-hotel-wifi-based-on-usa-data-from-hotelwifitest-com/

According to this, Marriott ranks best in speed and quality of WiFi. Hilton apparently is awful. I personally agree in my experience I have had no issues connecting and speed is always fine. Thoughts everyone? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott has the best WiFi
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Excellent topic you've started here, ks77. I'm quite curious to hear what other have to say about this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I've never had an issues with speed or connectivity at any Marriott property. Since I don't really stay at other chains, I can't do a comparison.

tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

Very interesting and good to keep in mind.  I have certainly had issues in occasional stays in non-Marriott properties, but I don't know if I have ever had an issue in a Marriott.  I just expect the WiFi to be good, but it is a good reminder that this is not automatically so..

tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

On the other hand, recognizing that this has been discussed before, I need to stop and remember the fact that in some properties I would be paying through the nose for that good internet speed if I were not at an elite status.  So while patting Marriott on the head for good speed, I should also recall that this is a sore subject for non-elites.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Never have had an issaue with wifi speed

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I only have an issue with speed if there are a lot of other users. So what I do is I have my own router (not much bigger than a couple of packs of cigarettes). I connect to the wired LAN connection then have my own wifi network in my room. My wife and I can have a couple of devices each at the same time with no problems.

I still haven't figured out how she manages 3 farms on 3 devices at the same time.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

One area of disagreement. I do a lot of "long stays". The property I'm at right now I connect to their network then have to use my room number and last name to log in. Problem is that only lasts 1 week. A week later a timer goes off (or something) and I may be right in the middle of doing something critically important (like updating my Facebook status or arguing with someone on Flyertalk) and the network goes down and I lose all my work.

They should adjust the billing cycle to the length of the reservation. Or at least give a countdown clock or something so I know when I need to sign up again.

But, yeah, the speed is good.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...