37 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2015 10:16 PM by panusr RSS

New Promotion

tr07 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone received information on any new promotions or does anyone have any insight on what the next promotion might be?  I know that Marriott typically does not have promo's in May but with June right around the corner I was hoping to get something any day now.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Promotion
    vickers Gold 5 Reviews

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey tr07, there aren't any plans for a MegaBonus promotion this summer. Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Platinum

Anything else? This sounds like the kind of answer we'd expect from a cable company!

Jsucool76 Gold

I was kinda upset by the lack of megabonus, and more upset by the fact that I can't be enrolled in the ritz carlton bonus as I have some stays coming up.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Jsucool76,

Did you call Marriott Rewards customer service to ask if you could enroll in the Ritz Mega Bonus?

Jsucool76 Gold

I tweeted at marriott rewards. they told me I would've had to be a RCR member as of may 5th to be eligible for the offer.

the way I see it, if Marriott isn't going to offer a bonus on the MR side they should allow all members to be elligible for the RCR bonus.

In all honesty, since the programs are one and the same, all members should be elligible for all offers on either side. Why can I get all my benefits at a RC hotel, earn points at a RC hotel, carry a RC credit card linked to my Marriott account, and somehow still not be elligible for a Ritz Carlton promotion?

doesn't make sense to me.

I agree all MR members should be allowed to participate in the promotion if desired.  I would still suggest calling the Marriott Rewards line and make an in inquiry.  In the past MR said you could not switch Mega Bonus promotions but if you called an agent you were sometimes allowed to make a switch.  So I recommend giving them a call...you have nothing to loose.

ndn Platinum

I just e-mailed. I have been a RCR member since December, and it didn't let me register online.

Jsucool76 Gold

Called up MR Customer service. No go on switching. Just repeated that I would've had to change by may 5th.

Laaaame. Still makes no sense to me.

Ritz carlton is a participant in the marriott rewards program....and I receive benefits at ritz carlton hotels...ritz carlton hotels count towards requirements for marriott bonuses....but a marriott member can't sign up for ritz carlton promos.

If all the other brands can manage to share promotions (under the marriott name) then why can't RC.

I'm not asking them to write "Marriott" on the side of their hotel...but geez....is a few thousand points really gonna bankrupt you.

Sorry to hear that didn't work. 

legreen2000 Platinum 7 Reviews

No, it has been a long time since they ran one.

laxguest Platinum

Bummer Summer no Promos. I would think that M would like more people staying at there hotel generating points with $, then using points.

Platinum

Hilton - 2x points, Startwood, Hyatt, Everyone else is offering summer bonuses - not sure why Marriott doesn't think insiders like us, with  - with easy ability to obtain status matches won'tl simply stay somewhere else for the next few months while they get a clue. Points aside - this will hit Marriott in the wallet more than all of the complaining on this site.

For #1 Loyalty program - not sure who's thinking summer occupancy will stay up without Elite's - talk is cheap!

- Platinum for Life member

paddyscherrer Platinum

June 8, still nothing. Maybe I will use points instead of paying. My Plat status is secure until Feb 2017 anyway.

papirate Platinum

I have been a Platinum Member since 2007, now Platinum Premier with lifetime Platinum backup.  I know there are people on here that have been a Marriott member much longer than I and I respect that, however I notice Marriott tends to decrease their promotions as markets and overall economic stability increases.  As you may be aware, the U.S. in specific is currently saturated with billion dollar startups, large dividends, and record high stocks.  Marriott probably doesn't see a need to be as competitive as they would be due to these reasons.  As soon as the markets slow down and people watch their wallets again, Marriott will be more aggressive with promos and competition.  This has been a trend for about a year now in my personal experience.  My MegaBonuses used to be 50,000-100,000 points - and they have trended downwards throughout the past 1-2 years.  The most recent being the spring bonus which was only 35k points for me yet I stay 150+ nights a year.  Also, I just hit the 100 night award for Marriotts this year and I was given 25 points.  Is that serious???? 25 points for staying 100 nights by June and I can't even buy a bottle of water with 25 points.  A roll of toilet paper would have been more beneficial.... end rant and best of luck, hopefully Marriott posts a new promotion soon.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

All the talk about customer loyalty is obviously one way.  The ones who pay the bill are supposed to be loyal to the companies we give that money to, but they don't perceive the need for them to be loyal to us.

papirate Platinum

I have to COMPLETELY agree with your note randomname.  Recently, within the past 1-2 years, I have been disappointed by the continued decreasing appreciation for my loyalty to Marriott.  Recently, I was at the Marriott Marco Island in Florida before it closed for renovations.  I couldn't believe some of the things that happened to show the lack of loyalty to Platinum Premier.  First, I requested late checkout and they told me sorry the room was booked for a VIP early check in.  So, as someone who stays 200 nights a year in a Marriott, unless its Brad Pitt or Obama, I'm the VIP.  Second, I requested free access to the Spa's pool.  I was told it was $50/day regardless of who you are or what status you have.  Yet, I looked in the pool and there were ZERO people there.  Sometimes Marriott really frustrates me, until I dump 160k-200k on a nice vacation then I feel a little bit better.  The recent change in points required to buy a $500 or $1000 Marriott gift card was also a kick to the balls.  Come on Marriott! I love you but please continue to reward your loyal members as randomname mentioned.

sooner Gold 1 Reviews

Same with Marriott Cayman Islands.  They won't even give you a free anything.  We've stayed at the hotel 2x a year for the last several years - even during their rough years when occupancy was low.  All the staff recognize us and they greet us very pleasantly and appropriately, but the management and the front desk barely greet us although they know we stay there a lot.  No benefits at all -, nothing. They finally renovated the hotel, raised the prices, added a resort fee but then now frequently cordon off parts of the hotel and beach (and its a small one, too) for local events and parties. This time, last month, we tried another hotel for the first time and we were ok with the decision.  We felt we weren't missing anything.

702rugbyref Platinum

It is my understanding and reading other Marriott blogs, no summer promotions. A ton of folks like myself, will use this opportunity to stay at other hotels that are less expensive and build our point balances with the 'other guys' programs.

sas1 Platinum

Yep.  Me too. I am staying at a cheaper Hyatt Place all summer, doing a Hyatt Promotion and getting double points on all my stays.  I love Marriott, but the free breakfast and larger rooms at Hyatt Place are nice too. I have stayed at a Courtyard almost every week for 2 years and the HP folks might be stealing my business for good.

laxguest Platinum

I left Marriott this week and switched to SPG.

Customer service and loyalty were to blame. Also, skyrocketing hotel prices.

You would think a place you stay 50/52 weeks a year would be more loyal.

They can't match my status.

However, you can email them to request a platinum status challenge.

They will give you both a Gold and Platinum challenge at the same time.

Gold only 8 nights, Platinum only 18 nights. Concierge comes with Platinum.

Also they give you 500 points per day for not getting room service, going green

702rugbyref Platinum

It will be sad when the MR elite members start leaving by the boatload to join other programs because MR ignore their loyal folks even though the rooms cost more.

boilerking08 Platinum

I'm also disappointed by the lack of a summer promotion, but I hope this means we can expect a less drastic point devaluation next year. (As in theory there are less points out on the "market" and less certs generated throughout the year). Maybe it is just wishful thinking though

wtoms Gold

Too late for me - Ive changed all my corporate bookings to SPG for the summer. I feel like I was dumped!

paddyscherrer Platinum

not sure if Marriott cares. I will have a 6 week summer vacation in the USA. 41 nights. All paid Marriott switched to points or IHG. My Platinum status is safe until Feb 2017 anyway.

Platinum

Obviously if Platinum members (I'm PL for Life it anyone cares) start staying at non-Marriott properties for the entire summer, we will start to get used to or like places like SPG, HH, etc, and may not come back. Marriott is being very short sighted - anyone agree with this logic:

1. The promos normally require 15-20 nights in a period in which casual travelers would never log that many nights

2. Elites and other road warriors are the only one that earn these bonuses, usually without much extra effort - they were living at a Residence inn for months in a row for example

3. Some non-elites or new road warriors, will decide to stay all of their nights at Marriott properties specifically motivated by the promo

Therefore, the promos benefit Marriott in a big way with their most-loyal customers and their soon-to-be-most-loyal and cost them very little. However, the loss of good will by not providing promotions when EVERY OTHER MAJOR CHAIN is doing so (so much for blaming a recovered economy or anything else!) is or can be PERMANENT? Wake up Marriott - this is the dumbest decision in years, and you look like Donald Trump for sticking with it rather than surprising all of us by sending us at least a TARGETED elite promo or SOMETHING?!?

End of rant. I've spent over 3 years of my life in Marriott room of some type, so have some sympathy or at least chime in!

amogreg Platinum 3 Reviews

Couldn't agree more.  When it became obvious that Marriott wasn't going to offer any summer promos, I immediately contacted HHonors and asked what incentives they would offer a Platinum Marriott Rewards Member.  They fast-tracked me for Diamond--which was easily achieved--and with their double points promo through August 31, I've already accrued over 260,000 points. 

I've been a Marriott apologist for years, and have been loyal to a fault.  When it became obvious that the loyalty was one-way, however, I decided enough was enough.  While certain destinations still require me to use Marriott brands, Hilton now gets well over 90% of my business.  If Marriott comes up with an enticing Fall Promotion, I'll evaluate it to see if it makes sense to come back.  Until then, it's Hilton for me.

702rugbyref Platinum

What did you have to do to get HH Diamond? amogreg

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

21 nights within a 90 day window

702rugbyref Platinum

Totally doable if I time it right. Thanks!

amogreg Platinum 3 Reviews

21 nights in 90 days for me as well.  They required me to send them a PDF of my prior 12 months worth of stays with Marriott to verify that I am Platinum, and once that was done, it was game on. Given the level of travel that many of us do, it's a relatively easy hurdle.  I can't help but wonder why Marriott doesn't seem to value our business.  Something as simple as a summertime MegaBonus would have kept me loyal, and I likely never would have considered looking into HHonors' promotions.

702rugbyref Platinum

I have heard this from so many folks on these blogs...wonder if Marriott is getting the message?

amogreg

lovelyone Member

Have not noticed any for July

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

IM on a 3 week vacation and have opted to stay loyal to Marriott free upgrades lounges and bonus points helped sway my decision but an extra bonus of 35-50 thousand points would have made things a lot better cmon Marriott get the promos going again

702rugbyref Platinum

I agree

mi97tbird Platinum 33 Reviews

I Have been staying at H Brands for the last there weeks . They have double points thru August. I already have enough nights stayed at Marriott this year for my PP status to carryover to 2016. I think they are being foolish by not doing a promotion for the summer. I have been a loyal customer and a VC owner for many years.  Wake up Marriott.

702rugbyref Platinum

I have noticed this is a trend ...many others are staying at other chains. I have myself.

panusr Platinum 1 Reviews

New mega bonus just started a couple of days ago. Log into your Marriott rewards account and click on the promotions link. 45,000 possible points

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...