4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2015 10:51 AM by brightlybob RSS

Multiple Rooms Points Not Credited Multiple Times

te6000 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I stay at the Irvine Marriott about 3 weeks a month. The staff is excellent but my problem is I pay for other members of my company to come and stay for 1 to  6 nights a few times per month and although I pay with my CC and my name and Rewards # is attached I rarely get the points. After not getting them for multiple times I don't want to try and chase this down as it seems like it will be more hassle than its worth. Also, shouldn't I be getting night stay credits for those as well?  Any thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Multiple Rooms Points Not Credited Multiple Times
    joshm Member

Hello te6000, and welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders!

First, thank you for taking the time to post. You've come to the right place to ask the questions you have posed to the forum. In addition to asking questions and seeking clarity around all things Marriott Rewards, this site is a great resource for travelers that are looking for tips, recommendations, or insights from a network of well traveled, knowledgeable, and supportive people that make up this community.

Second, I'm happy to check into this for you and report back with what I find out. Stay tuned!

If you ever have questions or concerns that you would like to be addressed, don't hesitate to reach out to me (joshm), CariJ, or lindseyh. We make up the community management team for the forum and we're here to help!

Welcome to the Insiders family.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey te6000, joshm looked into this for you and here is what we confirmed: Marriott Rewards allows you to earn points or miles for up to three rooms total, as long as all rooms are billed to you directly.  At least one of the rooms must be booked under your account name. Elite nights, however, are only earned for the one room you personally occupy per night.  Also, any promotions offering bonuses for nights or stays only count the room you occupy each night.  Rooms booked through a third party are not eligible to earn points, airline credit, or Elite nights. 

If you are booking ten or more rooms, then another option is called "event credit" with the sale department of the hotel as you would be eligible to earn differently for a ten or more room block. You can view this information on the Marriott website at the following link: http://marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi

If there is a specific reservation where you should have received Rewards but didn't, I would recommend shooting me or joshm a DM with that information along with your Rewards number. We can pass that on to our team and help resolve accordingly

ramoneur Platinum

...so when I pay for a 3 day stay of a colleague

(well, in the end it is still my boss paying),

these three days and points are added to my account?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes, if the rooms are booked in your name with your Marriott Reward number attached to each, then you get the points for all rooms (up to 3 rooms) and the night credit, but for your room only.

I've done this multiple times over the years and points crediting appears patchy. In fact I've found if all the rooms are on seperate folios they almost never all credit but if I merge them all onto one folio at checkout they almost always do credit.

Even so, whenever points don't correctly credit I do call Marriott Elite line, photo the folio on my ipad and send it to the email, address the CS rep gives me whilst we talk. They sort out the points the same day. I know this because I was point shorted on a very recent stay and sorted it out 2 days ago, one simple phone call and done!

Do chase these up. They are well worth while doing. I'd say I have to chase up Marriott concerning point shorting or bonuses not posting at least twice a year. Over the last 6 or 7 years I suspect I've recovered over 100,000 points. It used to be a real hassle, but now I've got the procedure sorted it's easy, quick and painless!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...