1 2 3 13 Previous Next 183 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2016 10:54 AM by misterchk RSS

Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

...UA Gold.

Yes folks, after years of criticism of the empty vessel that is PP, Marriott is apparently awarding PPs UA Gold (as opposed to silver for Plats).

This is according to PPs on FT, so are any of our resident PPs here able to confirm?

bpelican

shoeman1000

pingreeman

painedplatinum

schully17

wesleywc

@john_thai (sorry John, your handle doesn't tag)

misterchk

82bj42

*EDIT* AND IT IS CONFIRMED BY painedplatinum and by bpelican who has actually received an official letter...

Not that I have any chance of reaching PP . Mind you, I'm not sure I'd want to spend so much time away from home and hearth!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Well bob like you it wont impact me but would make the agreement a little more balanced

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I haven't received any notification on this. Any word from FT on how folks are being notified?

• 3. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Haven't heard anything brightlybob.  Thanks for post.

• 4. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...

They're logging into their UA account and finding they are now Gold... Although there is no word from Marriott about this, the numbers are too significant to be a coincidental mistake about criteria by all those posting now across a couple of FT threads

• 5. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...

brightlybob, The rumor is correct. I'm now Gold with Untied.

• 6. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...

That's great painedplatinum. I'll also add you to the list of resident PPs. And as the first to confirm you get a "correct" #applause

Then again, I suppose it's use to you depends upon whether you fly, or can conveniently fly, United...

• 7. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...

Right Bob....I try to fly American/USAir whenever possible. They have the bulk of my miles for sure. I may see one United flight per year if AA doesn't fly to my destination or the fare difference is too great to ignore.

• 8. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...
    joshm Member

Thanks for posting, brightlybob!

It seems that other members of the community are experiencing what you've introduced to the forum here (Thanks for the response painedplatinum!)

Strange that there was no announcement? Did any of you receive a notification of any kind around this?

• 9. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...

Have you checked your UA account bpelican?

• 10. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Just received a brochure from Marriott rewards: "In appreciation for your Platinum Premier membership in Marriott Rewards we've extended to you United MileagePlus Premier Gold status through RewardsPlus, our exclusive partnership with MileageaPlus--no registration required."  So it's now official.  Thank you for the heads-up.

• 11. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...
    john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Time to be selfish. For some of us this is meaningless because we are already Gold or above on UA. So how about Marriott and UA get together and give us a little love. Like say PP gets Gold on UA, or if already Gold gets a bump one status level up.

• 12. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...
    melroseman Platinum

This is very good news.  Wouldn't it be great if there was an "official" designation of the requirements for pp??

• 13. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

concur but as far as i know there is no official criteria for United global either

• 14. Re: Platinum Premier gets a real benefit...
    schully17 Platinum

I Received the mailer 2 weeks ago, but my United status has not been changed to gold.  Any suggestions?

1 2 3 13 Previous Next