3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2015 9:05 AM by jsccj1987 RSS

Marriott Destination Club points

bonecrusher1942 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I recently signed up for the Marriott Destination Club for a variety of reasons.  Although I earn a relatively large number of points for the property I've owned since 1992, there are destinations that require several more points if I want to select them during peak periods of the year.  There are various opportunities that occur through which I could take deed of additional Marriott Vacation Club property through direct owner sales or even government auctions.  I was considering such an alternative as a way of increasing my available Destination Club points rather than to upgrade through Marriott's program.  Does anyone know how Marriott treats additionally acquired property for earning points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Destination Club points
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey bonecrusher1942, that's a great question you've posted here. I'm curious to hear what our Insiders know about this. If you have a specific question you'd like clarification on, feel free to shoot me a DM with your Rewards number and I can pass it on to our team

I also want to give you a warm welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insider forum. It's here that members can share experiences, perspectives, photos,  and ask questions to a community of experienced travelers. Being new to the forum, be sure to check out our Getting Started Guide for tips on how to enhance your experience with the forum. Feel free to reach out to me (CariJ) lindseyh, or joshm with any questions or concerns about anything Marriott Rewards or the Insiders site. We make up the moderation team for the forum and we are here to help

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

onustames Silver

did you get any answer to your question of acquiring points from a purchase from direct owner sales..  I may purchase from a friend....

jsccj1987 Member

Weeks bought from a third party are not eligible to be enrolled into the Destination Points program.  Direct sales are not eligible either.  This includes the weeks sold through Direct Sales.  Marriott Vacation Club only sells points at this time.  They will not compete for sales from one department to another.  If you buy a week from an outside source, you will not receive any of the additional benefits that come from buying from within the Marriott system.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...