4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2009 8:34 AM by pltnmprincess RSS

Please bring back the slippers!!

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

With the current mindset of cutting costs, the once standard amenities are disappearing with a fervent speed.  The one amenity I miss the most are the slippers.  Yes, even though they were kind of cheesy, they really made the difference for me on those cold bathroom floors.  Now I bring the Sheraton slippers with me to the Marriott so I have something to wear.  I would really love it if they brought back the slippers!

What amenities do you miss the most?

Maybe this should be one of the survey questions......

• Re: Please bring back the slippers!!
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
    I can do without the slippers. Give me internet service FREE.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I miss the personal touches at Marriott hotels where I spent the most time over the last two decades:

1. Personal notes, sometimes from the GM, welcoming me. In the old days these were written by hand
    2. Another welcome gift, in addition to the Platinum arrival gift, that sometimes came to me as a frequent guest--perhaps a better 750ml bottle of wine and some fruit.
    3. The in-room long stemmed electric shoe shine machine (that goes way back) that worked fairly well.
    4. A phone call during my stay, if more than a day, asking how things were going with the time and if I needed something extra.
    5. Every other week Elite member receptions, which some hotels hosted, where the drinks and the food were complimentary and it gave me a chance to thank the hotel's managment for their kindness and service to me.
    6. Remembering my birthday or anniversary with special cakes and gifts if I was traveling that day.
    7. Special meals prepared for me and my wife at one hotel, then made complimentary at the manager's discretion.
    8. Having stayed more times in a year than anyone else at a particular Marriott hotel, getting a wonderful gift from them--since I had a choice it was a Tiffany bracelet that I chose for my wife.

These may seem over the top in today's downsized economy and in an era of falling revenue but they made me a loyal and grateful Marriott Rewards member.

Perhaps, just perhaps some of them can be reinstated as we climb out of the recession.  They are low cost but high value in loyalty terms.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Ditto Jasper on complimentary Internet for Marriott Rewards members, specifically branded internet portals.  To illustrate:

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/Woburn-6.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/Wallingford-4.jpg

Above:  Upon log-in, Courtyard's brand standard portal presents you with a map, transportation, weather, news and more. With minor exception (new properties), the portal is relatively consistent across Courtyards.

pltnmprincess Platinum

Wow, some of you have received some pretty extravagant gifts!!  When I asked the question, I was more thinking of the basics.  Right now I am in a Springhill where they have exchanged the 100% cotton towels for a cotton/poly blend which are just awful.  Concierge-level rooms used to have body wash and mouthwash - no more.  I would say bring back free internet, but FS Marriotts never had it.  (BTW - I do stay on corporate rates that include it, so you might want to ask about getting it included in your corp rate).

I do remember the shoe machines - cant say I ever used one, but I am sure they were a help to those who did.

Bring back the 100% cotton towels - and my slippers...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...