5 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2015 3:56 PM by jerryl RSS

How much bullcrap do we have to take!

jim.kowbel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

No Summer Promotion, bullspit, points expire, bullspit, reclassify hotels for more points, bullspit.  Marriott is forcing me  a long standing Platinum Elite for life guy, to seek another Hotel Chain. Right now MARRIOTT SUCKS!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How much bullcrap do we have to take!
    john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Tell us how you really feel.

Point inflation goes on with all hotels. Points don't expire (under the new policy) unless you haven't stayed at a Marriott for 2 years. Even using a Marriott CC keeps your points alive. So if your points expire it means you already left Marriott.

For me, what hotel I use has very little to do with the Rewards Program. It has to do with the quality and comfort of the hotel and how I'm treated. Yes, as a Lifetime Platinum I get better treatment than some others so in that respect Rewards does help. But for myself, I'm not changing loyalty based on the existence of a Summer Promotion.

My priorites, of course, aren't your priorites.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

westcampm Gold

Have you checked out

Statusmatcher.com

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I See where you're coming from, a nip here, a tuck there. Nothing really changes yet of course a plastic surgeon makes a fortune from all those little nips and tucks.

THis week, I'm eschewing Marriott, not for any nasty reason, one night there's no local Marriott and for the second night (tonight) I'm in Birmingham where although the Marriott is excellent, the Crowne Plaza has a Lounge, to which it upgrades Plats, serving free beer. Since there's little real difference in price the free beer wins through. Just as a matter of interest the lounge also serves wine, scotch, gin and vodka. All free. Mind you, the food offerings are very small. Extremely pretty looking Hors D'ouvres. Jo way you could make a meal of it in here.

As a member of IHG Ive lived through its double devaluations during 2012 and 2013 and it's rules changes making Plat much more difficult in 2014.

I choose Marriott because I prefer the hotels. IHG is omnipresent in the UK with decent accommodation and points too! I don't stay at Hilton cos I don't like them, here in England at least they're run down and shabby. Don't care about the points I don't like 'em. Same for Comfort Inn and I'm not too impressed by Radisson either. I love my Marriotts and like my IHG. No amount of points would put me in a Hilton, Comfort Inn or Best Western, save one or 2 that I know are way better than the norm...

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

There is a hotel chain for everyone . I dont think the grass is really greener elsewhere but  we can all expect all hotel chains and airlines  to keep eroding loyalty programsmby making it easier to get credits and water down the benefits. For one i will stay with Marriott

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...