4 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2015 4:09 PM by CariJ RSS

Remember the Platinum & Gold free weekend night and BYGO meal?

eyesee Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello and happy travelling to everyone!

Remember when being a Platinum or Gold member of the Marriott Rewards program got you a free weekend night when paying for 2 nights and certificates for a free lunch or dinner with the purchase of one?  These were free and did not require the expenditure of points to get.

Is there anything like those promotions that Marriott now offers?

As a Platinum member, I haven't found any perks for my loyalty over the past few years, except free concierge lounge access if available.

Am I not aware of any great offers? 

Thanks for your responses.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Remember the Platinum & Gold free weekend night and BYGO meal?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Oh, how I miss the EEOs! Over in the USA they were valid everywhere except a (sadly ever-increasing) list. Here in the EU, they were valid nowhere except for a restricted list. Even so, I managed to redeem several weekends a year with them, and viewed them as a proper benefit of my membership. After their disappearance I transferred some of my stays over to IHG in order to take advantage of their Pointbreaks, a (very) restricted list of hotels available at only 5,000 points/night. I've never looked back and always try and ensure I make a few IHG stays each year so I can utilise any pointbreaks that might arise... As one has for my forthcoming Roadtrip in July.

Like many who remember the BOGO EEOs I'd love to see them return in some format and would definitely say that this cutback is the one I've felt the most...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Remember the Platinum & Gold free weekend night and BYGO meal?
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey eyesee, I would recommend keeping an eye of current offers for your status by logging into your account and going to the "Promotions Central" page. You never know what kind of special offers will appear there in the future

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...