9 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2015 8:36 AM by ks77 RSS

Craziest Rate I've Ever Seen

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We will be going to Tuscon to visit friends in coming weeks and as I was looking for Marriott properties I came upon this crazy $10 rate per night at the Tucson Airport Hotels | Suites in Tucson AZ | TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport Hotel.

Summary of Charges

Summary of Room ChargesCost per night per room (USD)
Friday, July 3, 2015 - Sunday, July 5, 2015 (2 nights , Regular rate )10.00
Estimated government taxes and fees3.20
Total for stay (per room)26.41

I immediately booked the room, but I'm curious if any other Insiders have come across anything such as this and if so was the rate honored at the hotel or brushed off like the United Airlines fare was a few months ago?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Tucson, Arizona, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport
  • Re: Craziest Rate I've Ever Seen
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Ho, ho, ho!

Santas delivering presents in the form of $10 studio suites at Townplace Tucson throughout June, July, Aug and September. Your $10 gets you a studio suite but if you want a one bed suite it'll be $80+, so just the basic room at $10 a pop!

Great spot IAHFLYR. I think it'll be pulled soon but unlike the airlines, Marriott will probably honour it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Sort of like flying Spirit!

• Door on the room - $30
      • Look on door - $10 or 5,000 Reward points
      • Running water - $30
      • Bed with mattress - $80
      • Bed with mattress and sheet - $5 extra

I sure hope they honor it as it will make up for the incredibly stupid air fare from IAH to TUS.

rb84 Platinum

32% tax seems kinda high. I'd call and complain. Not! Enjoy your stay.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

As my mother use to say " that takes the cake "

allrps Gold

The tax rate is not 32%, the room rate reported was $10 per night and the tax per night was $1.60 which equals to 16%. And the reservation was for two/2 nights.

1st night room rate      $10.00

1st room tax                $  1.60

2nd night room rate     $10.00

2nd room tax               $  1.60

Total                            $23.20

I think you missed the fact the reservation is for TWO nights.

rb84 Platinum

Not really. I was simply pointing out the high taxes and that it's still a great deal and the silliness of calling to complain. The posted total of $26.41 in the OP reflects a 32% tax rate.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

$10.....This I like.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Seems a bit odd. Since this is at the airport I would think it would primarily be used by someone stuck with a long layover. And they'd be happy to take just a studio for the night.

Maybe they're having problems with vacancies and just trying to get people who visit there regularly to try it once hoping they'll like it.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

That's fantastic. A $10 room at a TS even if you don't particularly like the room/dated/beat up is a steal. There are fleabag motels all over the country that charge $50+/night that I would rather sleep in my car than risk staying in one. So enjoy!

I haven't scored any crazy hotel deals/glitches yet but nothing beats my Delta FC tickets to Hawaii for my wife and I that I scored during their glitch. $238 total for two people to fly JFK-LAX-HNL? Yes please! The JFK-LAX legs were in lie flat BusinessElite seats and it was really awesome.   Ever since then I seriously consider Delta when flying. AA is my preferred but DL is now my second go to airline instead of UA.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...