12 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2016 2:16 PM by pilam76 RSS

what Marriott property to stay at in New York City

dreamtrip Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Would like to stay in New York City in September/October for a long weekend and then drive to the Long Island area for a couple of days.  Any suggestions on where to stay in New York City?  There are so many properties and I've never been to New York City.  We plan on going to Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, World Trade Center site, Broadway play and we are foodies.  Any suggestions for hotels and restaurants?  Also, how about the Long Island area?  I realize if I want to stay near the ocean, there may not be any Marriott hotels close. We also want to visit some wineries and the Hamptons area.  Help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: what Marriott property to stay at in New York City
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Hey, dreamtrip, I encourage you to do some surfing/searching/reading on this site - lots of Insiders visit NYC frequently, and I think you'll find an abundance of information from many different perspectives.

Just one example, here: Re: NYC - Market Pricing - but, again, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I prefer the Marriott on Lexington; it's walking distance to 5th Avenue, Central Park, Rockefeller Square, etc. If you're arriving via plane, it's a question of paying $60 cab fee for more immediate delivery to your hotel, or time consumed on train(s) and walking with your luggage. For me, the cab fee is most advisable.

Plenty of good restaurants in the area, but perhaps one not so familiar is lunch in basement of Bergoff-Goodman store, but for a real treat, take time (and money) to have lunch at the Plaza Hotel dining room. It's an experience just to walk around in the lobby and shops of this place!

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

I stay in NYC often and really like the Renaissance Times Square. It is still in the heart of everything but a little off the side. Very comfortable rooms and nice walk in shower. They do not have a concierge lounge but they turn the nightclub into a Gold/Platinum are for breakfast in the morning and the view of Times Square in unbelievable. In addition, they give you vouchers you can use for appetizers (almost like a meal) at the bar so at night you can have a nice appetizer or desert. I love the area, rooms and the ambiance of this hotel.

fredaz Silver

I like the Marriott Midtown, just about across the street from the 9/11 Museum/Memorial. Great concierge lounge, great staff and good location.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

We've stayed at a few Marriott properties in NYC to include the Historic Hotel NYC | The Algonquin Hotel Times Square, Autograph Collection®Hotels Near Grand Central Station | Marriott East Side New York Hotel, Hotels Near Grand Central Station | Marriott East Side New York Hotel and Hotels in NYC | Manhattan Broadway Hotel | New York Marriott Marquis.  All of them were very nice with the Algonquin having the smallest rooms, boutique style they're known to have adopted.

While we enjoy the Times Square area on occasion we'd much rather walk through it when we want rather than stay there again. 

Our favorite by far was the Eastside.  Wonderful dining right around the corner, walking distance to Broadway Shows and more dining, very nice rooms and were upgraded to a nice one room suite.  The new M Club Lounge | New York Marriott East Side which was nice to walk into and grab some water and snacks during the day.  The hotel has easy access to LGA as you're on the east side of Manhattan and not a bad walk to Central Park.  Subway stations are all over the place should you desire to head down to SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown and Freedom Tower.

curiousone Platinum

Iahflyr - thanks for the comments on Marriott Eastside. My wife and I are going to spend 5 nights there in mid June and looking forward to getting acquainted with Manhattan.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

curiousone,

NYC is such a wonderful spot.  Not really sure how native New York folks get the bad rap they do for not being friendly, but we have always found the natives to be extremely helpful, friendly, fun and a great time hanging out with them in the bars, restaurants and deli's. Maybe it's the transplants that are the rude folks, haven't found many of them in many many visits over the years.

tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

Very nice summary.  We will have to try the East Side some time.  Have stayed in the nearby Lexington and Residence Inn, but I don't think we have stayed at the actual Marriott East Side, or in any case not for a long time.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

When in Manhattan we stay at the East Side Marriott.  It's a wonderful hotel and much less hectic than the Marquis.

Frequently, we stay in Brooklyn because our son lives there.  At those times we stay ay the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott and have been happy there!

Jsucool76 Gold

I very much enjoyed the Essex House when I was in NYC in march. It had it's quirks but it had some pretty decent lounge offerings, and the location was fantastic.

Rooms were also quite large.

xtopher Platinum 1 Reviews

If you have kids, do yourself a favor & stay at the Marriott Marquis. Nice size rooms with pullout sofabeds, a great concierge lounge, in the middle of all the Broadway shows and close to a subway station that will take you anywhere. Plus Times Square is right outside the door.

pilam76 Platinum

Residence Inn Central Park is the way to go. Rooms start on the 37th floor, go up to the 65th floor and amazing views, of central park, Hudson & times square.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...