0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2010 12:41 PM by chrispark RSS

Why hotels in Asia charge more for the Marriott Rewards memb

chrispark Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I stayed at the Renaissance hotel in Seoul, Korea about 5 days last month. With recent renovation it became more comfortable place to stay and it was not a bad place to stay. It was fully packed with all the tourists and some of business travelers like me. During my stay , I became a friend of Japanese tourists and some local people. They paid about $100.00 per night and I paid $250 per night to get the same service. Basically, any one time guest can buy a voucher on internet and the rate is really cheap. I understand the hotel can provide good discount for local travel agents to host tourists. However, don’t you think the price difference should be reasonable range? At least you have to provide the same price option for good customers like us? It looks like some other Marriott hotels in Asia do the same things even some JW Marriott. I don’t think this is the pricing policy Mr. Marriott wants to maintain Marriott’s reputation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...