9 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2015 10:17 AM by eyesee RSS

Marriott Rewards Chase Premeir Credit Card

eyesee Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello.

I have been reading many posts about the bonus offers associated with the Chase Marriott Reward Credit Cards.

When I signed up back in 2011, I was not computer savvy, and just took the offer proposed to me:  50,000 points if I spent $1000 in the first 3 months, 15 elite night credits and one category 1-5 certificate on the anniversary of my card each year.

After recently reading posts on this site, I see that others had gotten 70,000 bonus points during the same time period when I initially signed up and that there are better offers out there now, as well.

I called and spoke with a supervisor at Chase.  She vehemently told me that no adjustment could be made for additional bonus points, as that would have had to been done within 90 days of signing up. Not even for loyalty to the brand or credit card.  She also strongly told me that I could not have my annual fee waived, as many have members have recommended.  She clarified (and not so sweetly) that because I have the Marriott Chase Visa card and it is still active, I cannot sign up for the Ritz Carlton card, nor a Marriott Business card and get the bonus point offers.  I would have to not have a Marriott/Ritz Carlton card for at least 24 months before I can partake of another bonus offer.

So how do you all get these bonus points, fees waived, etc.?

Thanks for any suggestions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Chase Premeir Credit Card
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Sorry to hear about your experience with Chase, eyesee. While I may not be much help on this, I'm curious to read what our Insiders say on this subject!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

I think its too late to do anything about the marriott card. offers come and go for cards and if you happen to miss out on the limited time sign up bonus would be like asking a store to give you a discount on the item you bought years before but others got it for cheaper on black friday.

As for the ritz Carlton rewards card, the csr was mistaken because many of us have both chase and Ritszcards. There have been reports that if you sign up for the 2 free night sign up bonus offer you can talk chase into switching it to the 140k points offer (maybe due to the 90 rule thing) This again is at your own risk in the case they may say "no sir this is what you signed up for and thats what you are getting" lol

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I guess I agree with you. Timing is everything

Of course, I agree and follow the logic of not getting the difference in bonus points after the 90 days. But I read on some blog that others complained and received the extra points years later, too.  That is why I called to find out.

The supervisor was adamant that I wouldn't get points with a new Marriott brand card of any type without closing my present account for 2 years.  I understand that you all have experienced something different.  Maybe the rep was in a bad mood about something else and was defiant with me, no matter what my inquiry was. 

Any suggestions on getting the annual fee waived?  Again, people have reported accomplishing this.

Thanks for your responses!

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Yeah, 4 years later is too much. One thought is to change Chase Cards. They have several. Change to another card, grab the bonus miles or points, then next year change back to the Marriott Card as a new cardholder and get the bonuses. There are people who seem to spend half their lives changing credit cards in order to get lots of miles and bonuses. Seems to work for them.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

eyesee,

The Chase rep you spoke with was definitely wrong about the Ritz Card.  I have both the Marriott Premier Visa and the Ritz Card.  Before signing up for the Ritz card I would wait and see if the 140k offer comes back later this year. 

Thank you all for your information.  As usual, everyone here is on top of things with correct information, while the actual Marriott and Chase reps give misinformation.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to avoid the annual fee and getting it waived at least once after the initial year, please let me know.  Thanks again!

Jsucool76 Gold

call up immediately after your fee posts for that account year. ask them if they can waive it for that year. the rep you spoke with seems to have sucked, and many chase reps are not like that.

if you want the Ritz card, I'd say go for it, they'll most likely match the 140k offer for you, and then you get access to jp Morgan priority services, which in my opinion is the best customer service out of any financial institution in America.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...