4 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2015 9:35 AM by jakeal RSS

Please recommend an up-scale but small beach resort (couple friendly)

vplkc24 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We're looking to book a vacation and are wanting to find a quiet, relaxing spot for our honeymoon.  Many of the Marriott properties are large-scale, hotel towers.  We're hoping we could get some recommendations for smaller, boutique style resort properties, on the ocean that are couple-friendly....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Caribbean
United States
Kohala, Hawaii
  • Re: Please recommend an up-scale but small beach resort (couple friendly)
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Congratulation on the wedding, vplkc24. I'd love to hear what our Insiders have to say on this subject, as I'm a fan of the boutique style properties myself

I found some threads from the past on honeymoon destinations, just to help you get started (though these threads may include larger hotel-towers, there could be some hidden gems mentioned):

Re: Aruba? Cayman Islands? Scrub Island? Costa Rica?

Re: Need Honeymoon Recommendations

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

marriott_murph Platinum 1 Reviews

Congratulations!  Check out the Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort.  The best of both worlds.  The Frenchman's reef is a larger resort that has all the amenities you would expect to find.  However, you will want to book your room in the Morning Star Beach Resort, which is part of the larger complex. It is a collection of two story beach cottages right on Morning Star Beach.  From there you have the ability to travel into Charlotte Amalie for duty free shopping, dining and nightlife.  Also, it's easy access to Red Hook where you can take a ferry to St. Johns for snorkeling and hiking.  Finally, you can do nothing at all. Just walk out of your cottage, right on the beach, and spend the day relaxing there or by the beach side pool.  I have stayed there many times, and have enjoyed my stay every time!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Congrats and best wished on your upcoming wedding.

Without knowing where you wish to travel I'll suggest as spot we've been to twice and each time it was simply so very relaxing.  British Virgin Islands Resorts | Scrub Island Resort | BVI Luxury Resort (as most here know probably our favorite ocean resort) is a secluded resort that is a 10 minute ferry boat ride on the resorts shuttle from Tortola. You can fly into San Juan (SJU) and have a few options for flights to get from San Juan SJU to Tortola (EIS).  Once there the airport is a two minute walk to the Scrub Island dock or they will pick you up for a minute drive in the Suburban.  Day trips to Virgin Gorda, Peter Island, even to the U.S. Virgin Islands as they have beautiful water and beaches throughout the entire region.

Marco Island Hotels | Marco Island Marriott is a larger resort on the Southwest Florida Gulf Coast, but it is a very lovely spot as well.  You won't find the level of relaxation of Scrub Island, but it is easier to reach by flying into Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) and make the 45 minute drive to Marco Island.  The beach is huge and weather normally very very good year round.  There are a number of wonderful restaurants on the island or you can drive to Naples (20 minutes) for plenty of great dining and shopping.

Let us know more of your desires and location, many Insiders will offer numerous options and first hand knowledge of the spots.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

vplkc24,

I have almost stayed on two occasions at St Croix Resort | Renaissance St Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa

The property only has 150 rooms and St. John's is quieter when compared with St. Thomas.

Happy planning!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...