6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2015 4:09 PM by stratman560 RSS

Two rooms booked under platinum (executive lounge)

stratman560 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Insiders.  Just curious if anyone has had any experience with getting a couple extra folks into the executive lounge when you book more than one room using your platinum status.  I know the rules say you and one guest, but I was curious if anyone had any success getting a couple extra folks in there after speaking w the front desk/manager.  For what it's worth, it's the JW Marriott in Austin and I've booked two rooms.  It will be my girlfriend, her son, and myself in one room and another couple in the other.  I'm not the type to skirt the rules and sneak people in, if they say no, so be it, but it sure would help us out if they did.  Anyone have any tips about how to go about inquiring about this??  Manager??  Concierg??

Thanks!!,

Strat

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Two rooms booked under platinum (executive lounge)
    guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

We have also booked more than one room at a time under Platinum and when the lounge was open we were just able to go in as Plat plus one.  a number of hotels now have a sign in or a person asking your name and room number. Some hotels that we have booked the extra rooms in had a fee for lounge access.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

As Guidedog613 illustrates, it seems that full service Marriott properties tend to operate differently from one another with regards to their CL access policies.  Some properties don't police the lounge access at all, other properties have a staff person at the door and only permit guest + 1 (and much has been written on Insiders about this), or more for an added fee, etc, etc. Does your girlfriend happen to also be a plat or gold?  If so, you could politely point out that one room could've been booked in her name and one in yours, thereby qualifying both rooms for CL access (we have done this successfully, albeit in Europe, where they seem to be much more hospitable.)

Consider giving the hotel a call in advance and ask them.  You don't even have to give them your name or reservation number, just explain that you are platinum and considering booking two rooms and you would like to know if the guests in both rooms are entitled to CL privileges.  Then go from there.

Official rules:

Guaranteed Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge Access* for Platinum and Gold Elite members plus one guest at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott® Hotels during normal hours of operations. Lounge offers light snacks and daily continental breakfast. Resorts are excluded.

Again, in practice this varies by location and is likely influenced by cost, occupancy levels and/or predominate clientele type.  Some will graciously extend the privilege all the way to a second room, some will rigidly enforce the guest + 1 policy.  Call and ask them.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I've done this, but not at FS properties. It works fine for Lounge access.

In the FS properties I frequent, like JWM in BKK, they ask for your room number when you enter the lounge. If that room is registered to a Platinum you get access. So I would suspect that it would work.

Only one way to find out for sure.

joshm Member

This topic has certainly come up before, and as the community is illustrating, it seems to depend on location and brand.

I, personally, would lean toward talking it out with management of the property, given that you've got multiple rooms.

blava007 Platinum

stratman560

When you are checking-in please ask for Ari; she is the Front Desk Manager and she is fantastically helpful .  There are dozens of young persons working the front desk, thus you need talk with her since others may not have the authority to make any decisions  

Enjoy your stay. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...