34 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2015 11:27 AM by coco1231 RSS

New Mobile App "Online Check-In" Doesn't Work

danar Gold 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently downloaded the new Marriott Mobile App and can no longer check-in.  The functionality doesn't even exist. 

Dear Marriott - When is this going to be FIXED?  I keep getting your emails to enter a contest where I can win 1 million points if I check-in online.  Which I can no longer do.  Your old app. worked fine.

Cordially,

A Very Frustrated GOLD Member in Atlanta

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Mobile App "Online Check-In" Doesn't Work
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Sorry to hear this, danar. May I inquire what type of device you are using? I'm going to reach out to our team to see if they can advise on how to resolve. I know this is a pain, but have you tried uninstalling and re-downloading the app? I've found that this has fixed apps on my own phone that are not working properly.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

danar Gold 2 Reviews

I am using an iPad. If you go to the App store for this app., under the review tab there are a number of similar complaints. I've also deleted the app. and downloaded it again but that didn't work.

Hmm. Okay, thanks for the clarification. I'll pass this on to our team and see what they say. At the very least, I will have the team pass your feedback on to the appropriate department.

Alright, danar, our team looked into this and they confirmed that the Marriott mobile app for the iPad does not have mobile check-in functionality. Only the iPhone, Android phone and Apple Watch apps can perform mobile check-in. I have, however, passed your feedback on to the appropriate department.

danar Gold 2 Reviews

Thanks for the update.  This makes NO sense.  In fact, mobile check-in functionality used to work with the previous version of the app.  Why was it removed?  They need to get this fixed.

danar Gold 2 Reviews

Can I please get an update on when this will be fixed?  I need to have mobile online check-in working on my iPad ASAP.

Thank you.

Dana

Hey danar, I looked into this and unfortunately there is no estimated time as to when mobile check-in will be available on the iPad. Our team apologizes for the inconvenience. I have, however, passed along your suggestion to our development team. Mobile check-in only works on these phones with the listed operating systems:

Apple: iPhone 4 (iOS 7.0 and above) iPhone 4S (iOS 7.0 and above) iPhone 5 (iOS 7.0 and above) including optimization for the larger screen iPhone 6, 6+ (iOS 7.0 and above)

Android: 4.0 and above

jortega77 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi, I am an Android user and I had been using the App since it came out. Late last year when the App got updated it released a newer and improved App. Since then i am not able to do either Check in or Check out. I get an error message "Cannot validate ID."  I uninstalled the App, and downloaded again and the same error still there. Also, change the phone to a newer one and still cannot use the application to check in or out.

Android Version 5.0.2

App Version 4.1.1

Device Type HTC HTCONE

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

My Samsung Galaxy S5 worked just fine last week when I used the Mobile App to check-in. 

Hmm, that seems strange jortega77. I would be happy to pass this along to our team to 1) give feedback to the appropriate department and 2) to see if there is any troubleshooting we can do to get the app up and running. Just shoot me a DM with your Rewards number and I will pass your feedback along to our team.

danar Gold 2 Reviews

When is there going to be a Mobile Check-In option for an iPad?  It's been over 2 months since I reported this issue which should be plenty of time to get this corrected.  The functionality used to exist until the latest pushes of your app.

rsaracco Platinum

I have an iPhone 5s and it doesn't work either.

I have the latest IOs. The previous version of the App worked, with the new one I get an error message saying invalid check in time, error 422.

I tried to change the time but no way...

Amazing it hasn't been fixed!

702rugbyref Platinum

Happened to me a few months ago...deleted teh APP and downloaded it again. No problems since.

Mobile check-in worked for us on August 15th using a Samsung Galaxy S5.

wanderingbrit Gold

I find the App gets "stuck" on an iPhone - it does not show the Check In button until closed (swiped up) and then reopened.

Also, in the emails on gets, the "button" to press and check in is NOT there or visible on an iPhone - clicking on the hotel photo or name takes one to the web page but no option to check in. OR it can take you to the App if open but again, no check in button unless one quits and reopens it.

I wonder if this is a refresh problem of if the previous reservation has not been closed as finished - which often does not happen until after one leaves the hotel ... (I have seen this with consecutive bookings).

Formatting of email is another problem entirely ... I often find the words "Gold Elite" are displayed as "OLD ELITE" - which I find both amusing and insulting!

Used the Mobile App to check-in last Sunday for my Monday night stay, worked fine and also checked in about 28 hours ahead of the 4PM hotel time for check-n.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I've also had great success with mobile check-in. When I have a good estimate of my arrival time, I'll check in the day before, otherwise I'll wait until noon of my arrival day. By then, I have a more accurate ETA.

I like getting the notification that my keys are ready.

Platinum 28 Reviews

IAHFLYR

IAH, don't abandon the fight our generation is trying to accomplish.  We must have some human interaction in our daily life - It is refreshing when checking into a Marriott  that I get to talk to someone - My daughter hasn't called from college in three weeks - only texts every hour - my wife has given up and now texts me from the den when I'm at the other end of the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T USE THE APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, oh I still get the human interaction alright, they will ask you a question and want your ID if they don't know you well.  Besides I want my million points!!

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

I was determined not to like or to use Mobile Check In…..I failed on both!  Sorry, misterchk…..I resisted 

wanderingbrit Gold

I like and prefer human interaction as well .. but the idea of the App is good IF it does what an App is designed to do which is ONE or a few basic things around ONE theme and to do them very easily, simply and quickly by being so focussed and streamlined.

I just want it to to work ... in fact I quite fancy winning a million points but I'd actually settle for it a) working and b) being taken notice of - e.g., I've just arrived in Sky City Marriott in Hong Kong and been told my intended room on Exec Levels is NOT ready despite me having forewarned them of my arrival time .. so what was the point?
    (And yes, they have got another room for me but to be told that they had a full house last night and hadn't cleaned "my" room yet (at 1pm!) does not bode well!

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

My issue with using the mobile app is you lose the opportunity to receive or request an elite upgrade at in-person check-in

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I Have had no problems with mobile check in; in fact I usually see that my room has already been updated when I login to check in!!!! In my stays  the last several months, I have been upgraded every time but once!

forepar Gold

All of the sudden my mobile check in no longer works - never had a problem in the past?!?

Platinum 28 Reviews

forepar  carat

I have warned all of you that the "human interaction God" is VERY powerful.  The God has put into action the "human interaction immune system" to start combating those programs that endangers the interaction between human beings!

You should have realized this was the cause of the Mobile App's problems.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

No worries, forepar.  We are currently experiencing technical issues with the Marriott Mobile App.  We are working diligently to restore the application.  We will definitely let you ad the community know when the App is up and running properly.

I'd also see you are new around here.  Welcome to Insiders!  As you may have already seen, this is a great place to talk about all things travel.  From experiences and recommendations to Rewards program insight, this forum has it all.  I'm carat and I moderate the community along with deannad and lindseyh. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  I've included a link to our 'Getting Started Guide' just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Good to know. I was unable to use it for my stay today, but have already checked in using the mobile app for my stay tomorrow. Thanks for the update as I was wondering why it didn't work.

It seems to be fine now.

coco1231 Member

Mobile app does not work on iphone6.  Never used it before but downloaded wishing for a million points but all it does is spin away & then times out.  Reloaded, retried etc - same thing.  I am trying to check in for a stay tomorrow but not looking promising at all.  All my other apps are working just fine.  Is it broke?  Thanks

We used my wife's iphone6 a couple of weekends back to check-in on the Mobile App, worked just as well as my Samsung Galaxy, well except for it being an iphone!!

coco1231 Member

HA!  Works fine today......must have been a slow apple day yesterday.......thx

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...