3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2010 2:38 PM by mmcmpc RSS

Marriott losing Italy Hotels

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

A posting on TUG referred a posting on Flyertalk that several hotels in Italy are leaving the Marriott chain, including Capri. Is anyone aware of the details of this situation?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott losing Italy Hotels
    costaricasusan Platinum

Don't know the details but the resort in Capri is no longer Marriott after Nov. 15.   Too bad !!! I was hoping to stay there in May.   The others did show availability for that time frame so I assume they're still in.....at least for now.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

spurfan Platinum

Just returned from a fantastic four day upgraded stay at JW Marriott Capri.  Yes, it is leaving the Marriott chain, but as far as I know, it is the only one.  No one at the hotel seemed to know much, but there is a post on flyertalk that indicated that there is a new owner of the hotel and he opted to not renew the agreement with Marriott.  Too bad as it is a fantastic place - both the island and the hotel.

mmcmpc Gold

I stayed at the Capri Hotel last summer and it was WITH OUT EXCEPTION the most romantic accomidiating Marriott I have ever stayed at. I was looking to book a return trip there....verys sorry to see it leave the chain.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...