2 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2015 5:36 PM by jamesdean RSS

Poor customer service on Foreign Currency Transaction knowledge

moolatalk Silver
Currently Being Moderated

HAS ANYONE DEALT WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE ON CASH ADVANCE INFO OUTSIDE CANADA. I CALLED THE 1-866-705-6755 LAST WEEK AND EXPLAINED I WAS IN FLORIDA. I ASKED IF I COULD OVERPAY MY ACCOUNT ONLINE AROUND 5000.00 CANADIAN BECAUSE I WANTED A CASH ADVANCE OF APPROX 3000.00 IN US FUNDS WITHOUT HAVING INTEREST CHARGES. I WAS TOLD IT WOULD TAKE APPROX 3 DAYS FOR THE FUNDS TO SHOW AND TO GO TO A CHASE BANK TO DO THE CASH ADVANCE OF 3000.00 .  I ENDED UP DEPOSITING 10 000.00 TO MY CARD SINCE WE ARE STAYING LONGER IN THE US. BY SURPRISE THIS MORNING THE BANK DECLINED MY CASH ADVANCE AND WAS INDICATED TO CALL FOR AN AUTHORISATION. ON MY CALL I WAS NOW TOLD I ONLY HAD A MAXIMUM OF 20% OF MY CREDIT LIMIT WHICH IS 1200 CANADIAN AND THEY WOULD COULD NOT HELP ME EVEN IF THEY COULD LISTEN THE THE ORIGINAL CALL WITH THE PROOF OF INFO GIVEN TO ME.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Poor customer service on Foreign Currency Transaction knowledge
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey moolatalk, welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insider forum, where members can share experiences, perspectives and recommendations, travel photos, discussions about stays, and ask questions to a network of experienced travelers.

Being new to the forum, feel free to check out our Getting Started Guide for tips on how to enhance your experience with the forum. Feel free to reach out to me (CariJ) lindseyh, or joshm with any questions or concerns about anything Marriott Rewards or the Insiders site. We make up the moderation team for the forum and we are here to help

Regarding your post - I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'd be happy to pass your feedback on to our team (who will pass it on to Chase), if you would like. If you would like additional support, feel free to shoot me a direct message with your Rewards number and what I can help you with.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Poor customer service on Foreign Currency Transaction knowledge
    jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Probably not used to someone putting 10K ON their VISA account, usually its the other way around, its toppled the system..LOL!!!

But yes, I think if I recall correctly there is in fact a limit to how much cash withdrawal you can do in any given day. Just not sure ATM what the figure is.

BTW welcome...

JD

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...