6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2012 12:24 PM by missgee RSS

Marriott Waterfront Baltimore Inner Harbor

mrbooo Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Smile  Everyone the Marriott Waterfront at the Baltimore Inner Harbor, you have to try it out! The staff is wonderful. I just got back yesterday from a 5 day stay, I can’t stop singing praises about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. Smile

• Re: Marriott Waterfront Baltimore Inner Harbor
    diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

I would certainly second MrBoo's recommendation of the Baltimore Waterfront Marriott as a very nice property.  When I stayed there I was lucky to obtain a harbor-view room and the view was fantastic.  I was living in San Francisco at the time and I remember thinking, "There is no hotel at home that has a view like this."  The harbor was right across the street from the hotel, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching all the waterfront activity.  This hotel is also central to anything you want to access in downtown Baltimore.  It's really a big city hotel with a resort view!

I had a great experience there, and if I compare that experience to the less-than-a-year ago experience I had staying at the J. W. Marriott in San Francisco, I'd choose the Baltimore property (where I paid much less) any day.  Everything that Travelpe just wrote about the J.W. seems to summarize the way I felt.  As a former resident of San Francisco, I thought I was treating myself when I returned and made a reservation at the J.W.  I had stayed more than once at the downtown, regular Marriott and also at the Renaissance downtown and enjoyed both very much, despite their large size.  But, as Trevelpe points out, everything at the J.W. seemed a bit worn around the edges.  Additionally, there was only one restaurant, and it seemed a bit pretentious to me, and also a bit pricey.  I had better meals when I went out to other downtown restaurants, in fact, restaurants in other hotels, e.g., the Donatello and the St. Francis.  My experience at the J.W. was ok, but only that.  I remember wishing that I'd chosen to go back to the downtown Marriott or the Renaissance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dpetersen Platinum 1 Reviews

will be staying at waterfront Baltimore and enjoyed your comments. Any suggestions for local eateries and establishments for a 60ish couple that's well traveled?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Ugh.  I wish this site would stop bumping very old posts and making them look like they're recent.  You might be better starting a new thread on this, dpetersen.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Interesting point!

Sometimes they are most helpful.  Information in a lot of cities really does not change that much over time.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Somewhat agree.  But if you're asking a question of someone who participated in a thread 3-4 years ago, you're not likely to receive a response.  And if someone asked me a question from something I did 3-4 years ago, I'm not likely to remember! 

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks--going for a wedding in March--hope it stays as well as it is.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...