1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 19, 2009 6:37 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

myisland

myisland Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Wondering about Marbella Beach Resort

When is a good time to go? Was it worth the flight time? Did you travel to any other part of Spain? Did you go to Morocco from there? Was it easily accessible?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: myisland
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Although I love the beach, I wouldn't fly all the way to southern Spain for a beach vacation.  But, it also depends where you are located... if you're from Europe that may work for you.

The Marbella property is beautiful.  Stayed there for 2 nights as a walk-in and got a very good (better than very good!) price.  Spent about 15 nights in the Andalucia region of Spain and a couple of nights in Gibraltar and a day trip to Tangier, Morocco. 

You can take a hydrofoil to Morocco.  We took a typical tour... kind of a ripoff but felt safer than doing it on our own.  Even ended up buying a couple of rugs!

Granada, Cordoba, Ronda (horseback riding at dawn was awesome!), Seville, the white towns, Cadiz... are all worth seeing!

We went in February a number of years ago.  Weather was fine... even had to buy shorts to sit on the beach in Marbella!  If I were planning a beach vacation, I probably wouldn't pick February!  And, you don't want to go in summer as it is packed with European tourists!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...