This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2009 2:07 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Received a response regarding MR forum posting problem

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just wanted to let everyone know that I submitted an email explaining the problem with this forum not displaying the most recent posts and I received a response stating that it will be forwarded to the development group.  Not sure what that means in terms of when it will be fixed, but at least they are now aware of the problem.

FYI - apparently the "feedback" option on this site either goes nowhere or is ignored.  I submitted feedback twice over the last week regarding this problem and there was no response.  Today I submitted a request under "contact us" which takes you back to the main Marriott page.  Here I received a response in a few hours.  (Thanks TJC for the heads-up)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Received a response regarding MR forum posting problem
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings, Insiders.

Thank you to everyone for your concerns regarding this inconvenience. I have been back-and-forth with our development team over the past couple of days, and they have been dutifully plugging away at the issue.

I will do my best to keep everyone updated on the situation as things develop. Thank you for your dedication and support and again we apologize for the inconvenience. I hope to be reporting back with good news soon!

Regards,

Andrew

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Thank you for the update. 

Ironically, the timewarp occurred in the forum that bears the name of this community, Marriott Rewards Insiders.  Might the 'indexing bug' be related to a preset cap (2,830) on the number of posts that's hard-coded into a script called by: http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/search.jspa?messageProps=tags&custom.forumField.enum=Marriott+Rewards&forumParam=Marriott+Rewards&props=&numResults=15 ?

Only one other forum, Hotels is approaching the number of posts where Marriott Rewards ceased indexing.  Hotels is less than 100 away from 2,830 posts.

Just a stone for LiveWorld to overturn and examine.

Greetings, Insiders.

I just wanted to send a quick note to everyone that the issue has been resolved. Thanks again for your patience and happy posting!

Regards,

Andrew

• Re: Rcvd response..PROBLEM IS BACK
    pltnmprincess Platinum

Hi Andrew, The problem is back...it is now stuck on 2897 posts, but there are now over 2900.....

Thanks for the post, Pltnmprincess.

I had noticed this issue as well and have been in touch with our developers. It looks like they have just fixed this bug too, and their engineering team will be closely monitoring the situation throughout the remainder of the day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Regards,

Andrew

tjcnewyork Platinum

Greetings Andrew,

Based upon several new posts instaneously appearing at the top of the Marriott Rewards Forum, it appears that the development team has made the mark and corrected the problem.

This issue illustrates the important tie between content and community.  Comments, questions, complaints, reviews, photos and profiles are the lifeblood and currency of communities on the net.  If the content is hidden or locked, the members of the community are unable to respond or react.

Like sweep moderation which enabled the community to post and review content in real time versus waiting 24 hours (or more), it is essential that content be indexed, accessible and searchable in real time as well.  With 10 Forums plus the Insider's Lobby to administer, it's truly remarkable how far Marriott Rewards Insiders has come. 

Can you share with us, what other features are in the works?  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...