6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2013 8:53 AM by Abhinab RSS

Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort - Costa Rica

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed at the Los Suenos Marriott & Golf Resort in Costa Rica? Any Review you can give me would be appreciated. I am planning on going there in early November. I have booked the all inclusive reward for the 70,000 point (five nights) which includes all beverage and meals. Can someone tell me whether or not it is worth the 70,000 points. Are the meals first class? Is the house red wine they serve good or not? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me on this!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Herradura, Costa Rica Marriott Hotels & Resorts Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
  • Re: Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort - Costa Rica
    ileneg Silver 10 Reviews

We went there about 5 years ago.  We used a Marriott Award that included airfare.  We flew into San Jose and I had a limo pick us up.  Since the roads are so bad, it took almost 3 hrs to get to the resort.  The resort was nice but it definitely had issues:

1  It is near Jaco which is known for its prostitutes.  There were many American men staying at the resort on deep sea and golf trips.  They were there without their spouses--so they brought prostitutes into the resort.  Especially during the day to the pool. There were families there with school age children.  The men and the prostitutes were inappropriate at the pool.  No matter how people complained nothing was done.  I wrote to Marriott corporate headquarters when we returned.  They had the resort manager email me.  He was the same person who did nothing when many guests complained while we were there.  It is not owned by Marriott, only managed by them.

2.  It is in the middle of nowhere---we took side trips and because the roads are so bad everything took a long time.

3.  No beach--it is a boat harbor

The "fancy" restaurant was excellent.  I think we ate there 2 or 3 times.  Sea Bass was exceptional.

I hope this helps

ilene

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

donnac Silver 10 Reviews

Hi,

You can't go wrong at Los Suenos.  This is a first class establishment! We just spent 7 beautiful days at Los Suenos on the all inclusive package.  It was well well worth it!  The grounds are impeccable.  The staff is so dedicated you might think each one was the owner.  The food at every restaurant is high end, well done, fantastic presentations!  The all inclusive provides for a breakfast buffet each morning with no less than about 15-20 choices as well as breads, cake, fruit etc. Even the swim up bar has great food!! 

Tell Douglas or Charles at breakfast that 'Rick and Donna' told you how great they were!  At the cafe, ask for Rita, tell her the same....you'll get a big smile....we had a blast with all of them and they treat you like kings!! There is a cafe where you can get take out food, beer, water that is included in your all inclusive! Tips are included but we continued to add to the tip with additional cash and the staff were very very appreciative.  The place is amazing, the rooms are great.  Check out the geckos that come out at night on the ceiling of the open air lobby and restaurant overlooking the black sand beach!  We rented a car at the airport, it's a crazy two hour drive frm the airport but we liked having a car to be able to drive around the country.  For us, it was the best.  Just be patient and pay attention to the winding mountainous roads with many switchbacks.  The BEST place to buy your souveniers, (the famous Costa Rican wood) is the little place at the Crocodile bridge on your right going south towards Los Suenos.  We priced the same items at the airport, in Jaco, at Manuel Antonio NP and he still gave in his words, "best price"!

ledcamera Platinum

was there a couple of years ago. They gave us standard room with a view of the parking lot. After complaining we got this great room overlooking the water. The beach is not white sand but the pool is great. Dont know much about the wine but the food was very good

anthony Gold

I stayed at the Los Suenos Marriott a few years a go. It was really nice and you do need to rent a car.          ****Important**** When I was there you could not swim in front of the hotel which was a let down for me. I am not sure what it is like now. The only people swiming in the water were a few locals. I recall hiring a boat and going to an island to swim. There is a big national park about an hour drive south that I went to a couple times and you can swim there. The hour drive south was an adventure. The roads were pretty rough. I rented a Hynduai SUV. I was there about 4 years ago. 

bikesdestroy Platinum 1 Reviews

I'm the last guy to deviate from the Marriott path, however in this case it may be warranted.  That being said I'd suggest staying at the 'Club Del Mar' (no Marriott affiliation) for shorter stays.  It is 6km south of the Marriott and 2km south of downtown Jaco.  The beach is stellar and the food there is quite good.  For longer stays, try renting a house there.  While staying at Club Del Mar I spotted a rental property across the street that shared beach access with the hotel.  I ended up renting it for the entire month of December in 2008 and was impressed (especially at $1500.00 US for the month).  

On your way to Jaco and points south, be sure to stop on the bridge over the Tarcoles river.  The crocs are HUGE and are safely viewable from the bridge!

Enjoy!

Troy

Abhinab Member

I like this hotel. los suenos marriott is very nice and good looking. You can find more information about los suenos marriott in the given link. It mainly discusses about rica hotel. Thank You.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...