This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2009 2:46 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

New survey

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The survey on the Insider's page has been up for a long, long time.  Is there some other issue that Insiders might feel the need to vote on?

Also, the formerly frequent Marriott Voice surveys that came to my inbox have dropped off to zero in the last four months.

Feedback, which is what this forum is all about should be reenergized.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New survey
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Stepping Stones

Great question. The percentage of Insiders volunteering that they have extended a business trip for leisure moved up a notch recently from 88% to 89%.  Candidly, I find the trend startling:

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/89extendbusiness4leisure.jpg

Since the survey is on the home page, I think it provides an excellent 'ice-breaker' for new Insiders. The question is non-threatening and open-ended.  The invitation to 'share' is an excellent way for Marriott to reach out to their guests for feedback.

Cutting to the chase, if 9 out of 10 survey participants extend a business trip for leisure, several questions pop-out:  

• For starters, how have the needs of business changed? 
    • In what ways is Marriott meeting or not meeting these needs? 
    • How do expectations about business travel and leisure overlap?
    • In what ways does Marriott Rewards need to change to stay in sync?

Have I responded to your question?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

TJC:

Yes and no.  Although it seems to be as you said an ice-breaker, it tends to fade into the background for those who visit the site all the time.  What  might improve the question was a branching question that pops up another screen saying "would you like to tell us more?"  If the person pressed OK or YES, then the fuiller survey on this topic would appear.

My only problem is that this question is asking a dichotomous question--did you or did you not?  A little more texture in the answers might be helpful.

Thanks for the feedback.

Stepping Stones

tjcnewyork Platinum

Stepping Stones,

I like the idea of branching to, "Would you like to tell us more?" a lot. If done correctly, it could be very effective in establishing a level of engagement that compels more active participation.  I hope such an idea gets implemented.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...