2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2009 11:56 AM by pltnmprincess RSS

Traveling in this economy

kahunapremier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I don't know about most of you, but traveling for me recently has been non existent. Traveling 10 out of 12 months for the past 12 years has now come to a halt, or at least a 65% drop.

How is travel for you folks? Up, down or stablized? What does your 2010 travel forecast looks like?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Traveling in this economy
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

My traveling is nearing the minus mark, since my primary occupation is consulting and the organization finds it more economical to have me work from home.  And the staff budget there has been slashed so that even employees cannot count on necessary trips.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Traveling in this economy
    pltnmprincess Platinum

My traveling has actually increased this year - probably by 50%.  I am self employed and my clients have been downsizing, which surprisingly means more work for me.  With all the hotel and airline cutbacks, it is very difficult to travel these days.  If a flight gets cancelled, the next 2 are usually oversold and even my Global Services status on UA cant get me a seat.  The perks that the hotels used to give are dwindling down to bare bones.

Not sure what the schedule looks like for 2010.  I am thankful to be working and will continue to tolerate the disappointing travel services in order to keep earning that paycheck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...