1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 6, 2009 12:19 PM by nuhusker RSS

Tipping points

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just when I thought that the whole direction of things was heading south at the hotels that I love and have loved for almost 40 years, something comes along that restores your faith in the company and their hotels.

In a long conversation with a person at the Platinum Premier Marriott Rewards Desk in SLC today I was impressed with the professionalism and courtesy of the lady with whom I spoke. I presented her with a very thorny problem involving my account and she took charge, making it right after just a few key strokes.

I never had to listen to that refrain, "your call is very important to us..." or "Please wait for the next available agent..." or "for quality control we will be recording..." I was connected right away, and helped soon thereafter.

A single incident does not define customer service, but rather a pattern of incidents can show a direction in  degradation or improvement. After this call I was once again convinced that Marriott retains the best of the best in its call centers, and nothing is too hard for them to deal with.

I'm once again sold on Marriott--thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Tipping points
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Stepping Stones, So could we say the agent turned a thorn into a rose?  Good deal that your problem was resolved. I like those stories, and am sure that Marriott employees do as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...