4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2009 12:14 PM by nuhusker RSS

2000 points short

geofreak Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi

We are going on a long US road trip next year and will be staying in several Marriott hotels.  I have a few Rewards points, but am a little under 2000 short for one hotel.  I can book using points, but I must earn the remainder before check in (or buy the extra).  We will be staying 4 nights in Marriotts before arrival at this particular hotel.  Would my points have been added by that time (about a week).

Many thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2000 points short
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Different people have had different experiences with getting points posted, but since improvements were made to the Marriott system over the past year or so, my points are usually posted within a couple of days following check-out.  So to your question...if you stay 4 nights in a hotel and then expect to use those points the following night to pay for a stay at another hotel, doesn't seem very likely to me.  You might want to just call Marriott Rewards and see what they have to say about it.  Good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

geofreak Member 2 Reviews

Hi Nuhusker

Many thanks for your reply.  I should've been clearer in my original post.  The 4 nights won't be consecutive.  The first night will be in London - then we fly to LA and the second night will be there - then there will be two non-Marriott nights and then 2 Marriott nights in San Francisco.  It will be the following night where I was hoping to get a free night.  The first night, in London, should give me enough points to make up the amount I need, but I wonder if they will go through in time.  But, if not - I will just have to pay.  I'm just a little concerned about the ecertificate (or something - I've forgotten!) I'll need. How do I get that?  (Sorry I've never used points before - but would like a free night if I can get it!)

tjcnewyork Platinum

What about booking the night as paid, and then when the London points are posted, call reservations to change the night to points?  You don't have to redeem with an e-certificate at the time of booking.  Reservations can always be modified.

Since several days will elapse after checking out from London, you can always give Marriott Rewards a call, give them the folio number and the points should be posted w/in 24 hours if they're not already there.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

geofreak -- I've found on more than one occasion that taking TJC's advice works.  Another poster, Professor C, has indicated that it has taken a bit longer than usual to get his points posted from overseas stays.  Good luck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...