5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2010 7:54 PM by nuhusker RSS

points for multiple rooms

luv2travl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently booked 3 rooms at a Residence Inn for a one night family get away during the Christmas holidays. This is not a MR redemption, but a paid reservation. Could you tell me if I will get MR points for all 3 of the rooms since we are paying for all 3? And/or will all 3 count towards nights stayed for Platinum Elite? I know that I have read the rules about this somewhere, just not sure where. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: points for multiple rooms
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Luv2Trvl

Nights personally stayed will count towards Elite Qualifying Nights or EQN.  So for 3 rooms you will receive 1 EQN. Paying for 3 rooms will earn 5 Marriott Rewards points at Residence Inn per $US.

See Terms & Conditions (requires log-in)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

As unfair as it sounds, you will only get Elite qualifying points for one of the rooms, even though you reserved and paid for 3.

I learned this the hard way about 3 years ago. I was a couple of days short of 75 nights and reserved and paid for 2 rooms, even though I stayed in only one of them. When I got my statement I noticed that only 1 room went towards the Platinum nights. I called Salt Lake City and it was explained to me that when multiple rooms are booked, only one will be applied towards qualifying point.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I've found that when I book each room separately under its own confirmation number, it's likely that I'll be credited EQN for each room reserved.  Might be worth a shot.

trvlman Platinum

I have always gotten points for all rooms (never done more than 3 rooms) when the reservation is on my account and I pay. The other folks that travel arent usually frequent travelers and dont care. Never had an issue even thought the policy may be different. Most front desk folks are kind to platinums.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Just got a dose of reality.  AFter many years of being credited with EQN's for multiple rooms reserved on the same date, my recent experience with Omaha Marriott was exactly what others have said...got points for all $$$ spent, but only received EQN credit for one room.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...