2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2009 4:39 PM by beyondelite RSS

Downtown Residence Inn San Diego is a "10"

jeannieniles Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Many hotels in premium areas take things for granted.  Just spent two days at this hotel and it's a "10".   I have been treated wonderfuly by every employee at this hotel, from the manager to maintenance to housekeeping.  Everyone is pleasant, courteous and knows their job.  Many RI's are cutting back on the food...this one has increased the quality and still serves every evening.

Spoke with the Manager, Jonathan Corell and the Front Office Manager, Ivan Malaver.  They were a delight, very helpful and exhibit the kind of attitude that makes "a stay very special".

This hotel is in a great location, walking distance to many places in San Diego. 

Best of all..."This is a Happy Place".

• Re: Downtown Residence Inn San Diego is a "10"
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Jeannie,

Up until this year, I shyed away from the Residence Inn brand for two reasons.  Most did not offer a king suite option and MR earning is reduced to 5 points/US$.

Since staying at the Residence Inn Boston Tudor Wharf and the Residence Inn Treasure Island my attitude towards the brand has changed precisely because of the spirit of hospitality described in your post.

The brand caters to the extended stay market, so making guests feel like they are at home for one night or thirty is absolutely imperative.

Great review!  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Downtown Residence Inn San Diego is a "10"
    beyondelite Platinum
    Residence Inn spends millions advertising on TV for customers; but they are stingy on giving half the normal reward points on your stay. Penny wise, pound foolish! I like the hotel very much, but half the reward points is too much for business travellers. As long as the reward points are not in par with the other Marriott hotels, I will not stay there; except for personal holiday purpose.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...